Procedure for correction in Name and Date of Birth in CBSE records
Applications regarding changes in name or surname of candidates will be considered provided the changes have been admitted by the Court of law and notified in the Government Gazette before the publication of the result of the candidate. In cases of change in documents after the court orders, caption will be mentioned on the document “CHANGE ALLOWED IN NAME/FATHER’S NAME/MOTHER NAME/ GUARDIAN’S NAME FROM_TO_ON (DATED) AS PER COURT ORDER
Correction in Name:
Correction in name to the extent of correction in spelling errors, factual typographical errors in the Candidate’s name/ Surname, Father’s name / Mother’s name or Guardian’s name to make it consistent with what is given in the school record or list of candidates (LOC) submitted by the school is made.
- Application for correction in name of Candidate/Father’s/Mother’s/ Guardian’s name is considered only within five years of the date of declaration of result provided the application of the candidate is forwarded by the Head of Institution with the following attested documents:
- True Copy of Admission form(s) filled in by the parents at the time of admission duly attested by the Head of the concerned institution.
- True Copy of the School Leaving Certificates of the previous school submitted by the parents of the candidate at the time of admission duly attested by the Head of the concerned institution.
- True Copy of the portion of the page of admission and withdrawal register of the school where the entry has been made in respect of the candidate, duly attested by the Head of the concerned institution.
- This rule will be applicable to all cases after Class X/XII 2015 examination onwards
Date of Birth Change:
No change in the date of birth, once recorded in the Board’s record, is made.
Date of Birth Correction as per the School Records:
Corrections to correct typographical and other errors to make the certificate consistent with the school records can be made provided that corrections in the school records should not have been made after the submission of application form for admission to Examination to the Board.
Such correction in Date of Birth of a candidate in case of genuine clerical errors will be made where it is established to the satisfaction of the CBSE that wrong entry was made erroneously in the list of candidates/application form of the candidate for the examination.
Request for correction in Date of Birth shall be forwarded by the Head of the School along with attested photostat copies of:
- application for admission of the candidate to the School;
- portion of the page of admission and withdrawal register where entry in date of birth has been made along with attested copy of the Certificate issued by the Municipal Authority, if available, as proof of Date of Birth submitted at the time of seeking admission; and
- the School Leaving Certificate of the previous school submitted at the time of admission.
The application for correction in date of birth duly forwarded by the Head of school along with documents mentioned above shall be entertained by the Board only within Five Years of the date of declaration of result. No correction whatsoever shall be made on application submitted after the said period of Five Years.
This rule will be applicable to all cases after Class 10 2015 examination onwards.
Date of Birth as per Court Orders:
Applications regarding correction in date of birth of candidates will be considered provided the correction has been admitted by the Court of law. In cases of correction in date of birth in documents after the court orders, caption will be mentioned on the document “CORRECTION ALLOWED IN DATE OF BIRTH FROM TO ON (DATED) AS PER COURT ORDER NO. DATED .”