The poor decisive condition of students to pursue their subject of interest has been an area of concern. To the ease of which CBSE is to launch ‘Tamanna’. An aptitude test in order to provide a line of guidance to students of class 9th and 10th.
What is 'Tamanna' Aptitude Test??
Tamanna refers to Try and Measure Aptitude and Natural Abilities. This aptitude test will be an online test for class 10th students. It will help them to explore their strengths and weakness.
This test aims to resolve the dilemma of students about their choice and interest. Eventually providing a helping hand to students to make a well-informed decision.
Assessing the child’s majors and minors in academics has always proved to be tricky. And thus, this aptitude test to be launched will not play a decisive but suggestive role.
The statement released by officials of CBSE says, ''Under the aegis of Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, CBSE, NCERT, New Delhi has developed Tamanna. An aptitude test for senior school students to enable stakeholders knowing the aptitude of students of classes IX & X.”
Tamanna being an aptitude test with a suggestive tangent, tends to include seven parts of aptitude. These include:
1. Language aptitude (LA): This test would help in the analysis of the individual’s understanding of language.
2. Abstract reasoning (AR): This section judges the logical and analytical problem-solving ability.
3. Verbal Reasoning (VR): The test is to analyze the ability of the student to understand the conceptual meaning hidden under words.
4. Mechanical Reasoning (MR): Understanding of mechanical concepts express the problem-solving abilities of a child.
5. Numerical Aptitude (NA): Basically evaluates the mathematical and operational skills of the student.
6. Spatial Aptitude (SA): It analyses the ability of the student to judge the object’s appearance when constructed in a given way.
7. Perpetual Aptitude: Observational comparison of any given visual information and its understanding is analyzed by this section of the aptitude test.
Career options according to the aptitude skills:
- Students performing well in the LA section of the Tamanna Aptitude test can explore in fields like teaching, Advertising, Law, Stenography, etc.
- Similarly, the ones scoring well in AR can be capable of performing well in Mathematics, Forensic science, computer programming, etc.
They can pursue these fields for a bright future.
- Students with good VR evaluation can further opt for Psychology, speech therapist, auctioneering, public relations, etc.
- Students with a good performance in MR can pursue Engineering, Machine operations, etc.
- Nextly, good skills in NA can help students in moving towards Oceanography, statistics, bioscience, banking, etc.
- Individuals with good Spatial aptitude can try in designing, animation, multimedia, etc.
- Likewise, student scoring good in PA may explore the fields like data entry, assembly work, etc.
- The registration for sitting in Tamanna aptitude test will start on January 29, 2020. This notice is given by CBSE itself.
- The registration will be on its official website cbse.nic.in
- This test should be taken by the choice of students and not in the pressure of faculties.
- The students who want to take this test can register by their school Login ID.
CBSE made a successful trial attempt of Tamanna in January 2019 with 17000 students. These students were of standard IX & X.
To sum up, this piloting attempt proved to be fruitful enough for the students. So now NCERT & CBSE collaboratively has announced its official registration to start from 29th January 2020.
Grading in 'Tamanna' aptitude test:
There is no marking in numbers or in grades. This test is solely for the purpose of letting students know their interests. Thereby helping them in choosing their field of interest.
This aptitude test is just to objectify the majors of the students. This test is expected to be taken voluntarily by the students interested in it. And not as an imposition of extra work or load on students.