Because of the prevailing condition of spread of COVID-19 pandemic in the country, special efforts are required for conducting examinations in a safe manner. As a number of students have shifted from the district of their school to some other district in the country, CBSE has decided to address this problem being faced by the candidates by taking the following two decisions in respect of the forthcoming examinations:
- Examinations would now be conducted in the respective schools of the candidates instead of the examination centre already allotted.
- CBSE will allow change of examination centre in respect of candidates who have shifted and are residing in some other district in the country than the place of their school.
Accordingly, following is being notified herewith:
- Scheme For Conduct Of Examinations- Examinations w.e.f. 1.7.2020 to 15.7.2020 will be conducted in the respective school of the candidates.
- Nodal Examination Centre- In each district, where CBSE is having affiliated schools, one school will be fixed as a nodal examination centre for the candidates who have shifted from their earlier district of examination centre to another district in India.
- Eligibility For Making Request For Change Of Examination Centre
a) Regular candidates: Following category of regular candidates who have shifted from their district of school to some other district in India will be eligible to make request for change of examination centre:
i) Students who were residing in hostels
ii) Students sponsored by State Governments
iii) Students who have shifted from the district of their school to some other district within India
b) Private candidates- Private candidates who have shifted from their district of examination centre to some other district in India can also make a request to change their examination centre.
i) Change of centre in the same district will not be allowed.
ii) NCT of Delhi will be considered as one district for this purpose hence change of examination centre from one district of Delhi to another district of Delhi will not be permitted.
iii) Change of examination centre will be allowed only in the district in which the applicant has shifted to, and in which CBSE is having affiliated schools. Provided, in case, a student is presently staying in a district in which there is no CBSE affiliated school, an examination cef!tre in neighbouring district will be allotted.
iv) In the containment zone, no examination centre will be permitted. In case of schools falling in containment zones as on date, examination centre of the students of these schools will be allotted outside the containment zone.
v) Private candidates (2nd. chance Compartment, Failures of previous year, Improvement of Performance, Additional subject, Female candidates of NCT of Delhi, Visually Impaired candidates) and Patrachar Vidyalaya candidates who have not shifted from their district of examination centre to any other district in India will be required to appear for the examination from the allotted examination centre from where they have appeared earlier upto 18.3.2020.
vi) No examination will be conducted for the students studying in CBSE affiliated schools situated outside India (abroad) because of restrictions imposed by their Governments. Their result will be declared as per the assessment scheme to be decided by the Board.
vii) Result in respect of the subjects whose examinations will not be conducted by the Board will also be declared as per assessment scheme to be decided by the Board.
viii) In case children with special needs availing the facility of scribe do not wish to appear in the forthcoming examination because of noncompliance of social distancing norms, their result will be declared as per the assessment scheme to be decided by the Board.
ix) Last date of any activity will not be changed under any circumstances.
x) Once option is exercised by candidate/school for change of examination centre, no change will be allowed thereafter.
xi) No request for reconduct of examination will be entertained.
HOW TO MAKE THE REQUEST
(a) Regular candidates:
- CBSE will accept requests of candidates for change of examination centre only through their school.
- It will be the responsibility of the School to contact their students to know whether they have shifted to some other district and would like to avail the facility of changing the examination centre to their present district of stay in India, and thereafter, to provide the information to CBSE.
- Schools will use e-parikhsa portal on CBSE website for providing desired information.
- Request in any other mode will not be entertained by the Board.
- School will process the genuine requests made by their students and will recommend to the CBSE for change of district for appearing in the examinations as per rule.
- School will ensure that all requests received from their students regarding change in district for appearing in the examinations are uploaded on e-pariksha portal correctly.
- All requests will have to be uploaded on e-pariksha portal only in one lot by the school.
- Link will be closed after submission and it will not be opened again.
- It will also be the responsibility of the students to inform their own school about the fact that they have shifted from the district of their school to some other district in India and intend to appear in the examination from their present district of stay.
- Students who have shifted to districts in which there is no CBSE affiliated school and intend to change the examination centre, will have to identify neighbouring district suitable to them and inform the same to their own school.
- No request for change of examination centre should be sent to CBSE directly by the candidates. Such requests will not be entertained.
- Students who may have requested CBSE to change their examination centre will have to make a request to their own school.
- CBSE will communicate to the schools about its decision regarding change of district in the form of Permission Letter, for onward communication to the candidate concerned. Students can also check the location of the examination centre using a Mobile app.
- Candidates shall have to carry a print out of Permission Letter while going to appear for the examination alongwith their old Admit Card and School identity card.
(b) Private candidates:
Candidates appearing for 2d chance Compartment, Failures of previous year, Improvement of Performance, Additional subject, Female candidates of NCT of Delhi, Visually Impaired candidates appearing as private candidates and Patrachar Vidyalaya candidates who have shifted from their district of examination centre to any other district in India can also apply to CBSE on the link cl! tllct qfron the board's website or using Mobile App for change of district of the examination centre.
Candidates Shifted From India To Other Countries
- Candidates who were studying in India and have shifted to other countries, if they so desire, can appear from any district of India.
- These candidates will also make a request to their own school.
- No examination in other countries will be conducted by CBSE for such candidates.
Exam Centre Location
Candidates can check the location of their examination centre with the help of Mobile App-'Examination centre locator of CBSE" from 20.06.2020. App is available in Play Store. This App will work only on Android Mobile.
Help Line Number
For any queries, call CBSE Help Line Number 1800-11-8002 between 9.30 am to 5.00 pm on all working days.