BITSAT English Proficiency
BITSAT English Proficiency The third part of the syllabus is divided into two sub parts named above and described in details below. This part is fairly important as it is useful in most of the competitive exams also.
- ENGLISH PROFICIENCY: This subpart is designed to assess the basic proficiency in the use of English language as a means of self-expression. It is used to evaluate the knowledge of basic grammar, vocabulary, the ability to read fast and comprehend, and also the ability to apply the elements of effective writing. The 4 (Four) chapters covered through it are as follows:
- Grammar : Agreement, Time and Tense, Parallel construction, Relative pronouns, Determiners, Prepositions, Modals, Adjectives, Voice, Transformation, Question tags, Phrasal verbs
- Vocabulary : Synonyms, Antonyms, Odd Word, One Word, Jumbled letters, Homophones, Spelling, Contextual meaning, Analogy
- Reading Comprehension : Content/ideas, Vocabulary, Referents, Idioms/Phrases, Reconstruction (rewording)
- Composition: Rearrangement, Paragraph Unity, Linkers/Connectives