DRC- THE LAND OF DENSE FOREST
I FILL IN THE BLANKS:
1. The Democratic Republic of Congo is a country located deep in the heart of the ____________________ continent.
2. The DRC lies in the ___________________________ zone.
3. ________________________dominates the landscape of the country.
4. The open grasslands with a few scattered trees in the Southern parts of the DRC are called _____________________.
5. The _______________________________________ is one of the most intelligent birds
6. __________________________ are found in plenty in the rivers.
7. Villagers live in separate ______________________ or groups.
8. DRC has the world’s largest deposits of ________________.
9. The DRC has a _____________ and ____________ climate.
II NAME THE FOLLOWING:
1. The longitude that passes through Northern DRC- ________________
2. Capital of DRC- _____________________
3. The second longest river in Africa- __________________________
4. An insect, which causes dreaded sleeping sickness- ______________
5. The well- known inhabitants of the DRC- _____________________
6. The major means of transport in DRC- ________________________
7. Continuous cover of tree- ________________________
8. The evergreen forests of DRC- _________________________
9. A large flat area of grassland with scattered trees, found in a warm part of the world.- _____________________
10.Two major food crops of DRC - _______________, ______________
11.Two major cash crops of DRC - _______________, _____________
12.Two animals found in the Savannas - _____________, ___________
III IDENTIFY THE FOLLOWING:
IV ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN 2 POINTS:
1 Why do some parts of DRC have Savanna type of vegetation?
2 Describe the relief or landscape of DRC.
3 What are the major crops grown in DRC?
V ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN 3 POINTS:
4 Write a short note on the natural resources of DRC.
VI ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN FOUR POINTS:
5 ‘DRC is one of the wettest regions in the world’. Give reason.
6 Describe the tropical rainforests.
7 What do you know about the pygmies?
VII. ON THE OUTLINE MAP OF DRC, MARK AND LABEL THE FOLLOWING:
1. The imaginary line passing through DRC
2. The Longest river of DRC
3. The Capital of DRC
4. An Ocean located on the western side of DRC.
Please click on below link to download CBSE Class 5 Social Science The Land of Dense Forests Worksheet