CBSE Science Sample Paper for Class lX CBSE exams for CBSE Students. Based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. The students should practice these Question Papers to gain perfection which will help him to get more marks in CBSE examination. Please refer to more CBSE Class lX question papers in other links. The CBSE Question papers are prepared based on trend in past examinations and expected questions in CBSE exams. Its always recommended by CBSE to practice the papers released by CBSE to get better exams in CBSE exams. CBSE Last Year Question Papers for class lX for final/ term/ SA1/ SA2 Examinations conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education for all CBSE affiliated schools in India and abroad. Please refer to more CBSE Class lX sample papers, question papers, HOTs etc in other links.
Sample Question Paper
Class-IX (SUMMATIVE ASSESSMENT II)
1. Questions 1 to 5 are one mark questions. They are to be answered in one word or one sentence.
2. Questions 6 to14 are two marks questions. They are to be answered in about 30 words.
3. Questions 15 to 23 are three marks questions. They are to be answered in about 50 words.
4. Questions 24 to 26 are five marks questions. They are to be answered in about 70 words.
5. Question 27 to41are multiple choice questions based on practical skills. Each question is a one mark question. You are to choose one most appropriate response out of the four a, b,c and d provided to you.
1 Which animal tissue is commonly known as packaging tissue?
2. Calculate the formula unit mass of CaCO3 (given at masses: Ca = 40. 0μ, c=12 0μ, 0 = 16.0μ .
3. An ion M 3+ has 10 electrons and 14 neutons What is the atomic number and mass number of M ?
4. State the wave property that determines ‘pitch’ of sound.
5. How does the speed of sound change on increasing the temperature?
6.What do you mean by photoperiod? Name two processes that are dependent on photoperiod.
7. What will happen if:
i) The skin epithelium is not stratified.
ii) Stratified squamous epithelium lines blood vessels.
8. Name the target organ/organ system of AIDS virus. What is the cause of death in case of people suffering from AIDS?
9. What is meant by (i) a solute and (ii) a solvent in a solution? Identify the solute and the solvent in a homogenous mixture of iodine and alcohol.
10. A housewife churned full cream milk with a milk churner.
(i) What did she observe after churning milk?
(ii) What could be the possible reason for this observation?
11. The average atomic mass of a sample of an element ‘X’ is 16.2μ. What is the percentage of each isotope 16X and 18X in the sample?
12.Why does a wooden block float and an iron block sinks when both are placed on the surface of water ?
13. The gravitational force of attraction between two masses is 16 N. What would be the force of attraction between them if each mass and the distance between them are doubled?
14. A child winds his toy car by moving its key. Name the type of energy –
i) used up in the process
ii) energy transformation taking place in it The car then runs on the floor of the room. Give the transformation of energy taking place in it now.
15. To increase productivity per unit area ,the farmers grow two different types of crops on the same field in definite rows. What is this practice called? What care is required to be taken before selecting two crops for such practice and why? Give any two reasons .
16. Draw a neat diagram of the leaf epidermis showing pores through which exchange of gases takes place. Label any two parts giving one function of each.
17. i) Which of the following diseases are protozoan in origin?
a)Dengue b)Malaria c)Kalaazar d)AIDS
ii) Suggest any two ways you would like to adopt, to prevent being infected by them.
18. Write two properties each of a solution, suspension and a colloid with respect to stability and filterability.
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 9 Science Sample Paper with Answers 2014 (22)