Click below for Class 9 Science important questions worksheets, latest syllabus, ncert cbse books, ncert solutions, hots, multiple choice questions (mcqs), flowcharts, formulas, concept maps, mind map, equations, easy to learn concepts and study notes of all chapters, online tests etc. Also, Download Computer Class 9 CBSE Solutions in PDF Form.
Theme : Materials
Unit I : Matter-Nature and Behaviour
Definition of matter; solid, liquid and gas; characteristics - shape, volume, density; change of state-melting (absorption of heat), freezing, evaporation (cooling by evaporation), condensation, sublimation.
Nature of matter : Elements, compounds and mixtures. Heterogeneous and homogenous mixtures, colloids and suspensions.
Particle nature, basic units : Atoms and molecules, Law of constant proportions, Atomic and molecular masses. Mole concept : Relationship of mole to mass of the particles and numbers.
Structure of atoms : Electrons, protons and neutrons, valency, chemical formula of common compounds. Isotopes and Isobars.
Theme : The World of the Living
Unit II : Organization in the Living World
Call - Basic Unit of life : Cell as a basic unit of life; prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells, multicellular organisms; cell membrane and cell wall, cell organelles and cell inclusions; chloroplast, mitochondria, vacuoles, endoplasmic reticulum, Golgi apparatus; nucleus, chromosomes - basic structure, number.
Tissues, Organs, Organ System, Organism : Structure and functions of animal and plant tissues (only four types of tissues in animals; Meristematic and Permanent tissues in plants).
Biological Diversity : Diversity of plants and animals - basic issues in scientific naming, basis of classification. Hierarchy of categories / groups, Major groups
of plants (salient features) (Bacteria, Thallophyta, Bryophyta, Pteridophyta, Gymnosperms and Angiosperms). Major groups of animals (salient features) (Non-chordates upto phyla and chordates upto classes).
Health and Diseases : Health and its failure. Infectious and Non-infectious diseases, their causes and manifestation. Diseases caused by microbes (Virus, Bacteria and Protozoans) and their prevention; Principles of treatment and prevention. Pulse Polio programmes.
Theme : Moving Things, People and Ideas
Unit III : Motion, Force and Work
Motion : Distance and displacement, velocity; uniform and non-uniform motion along a staight line; acceleration, distance-time and velocity-time graphs for uniform motion and uniformly accelerated motion, derivation of equations of motion by graphical method; elementary idea of uniform circular motion.
Force and Newton’s laws : Force and Motion, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Action and reaction forces, Inertia of a body, Inertia and mass, Momentum, Force and Acceleration. Elementary idea of conservation of Momentum.
Gravitation : Gravitation; Universal Law of Gravitation, Force of Gravitation of the earth (gravity), Acceleration due to Gravity; Mass and Weight; Free fall.
Floatation : Thrust and Pressure. Archimedes’ Principle; Buoyancy; Elementary Idea of Relative Density.
Work, energy and power : Work done by a Force, Energy, Power; Kinetic and Potential energy; Law of conservation of energy.
Sound : Nature of sound and its propagation in various media, speed of sound, range of hearing in humans; ultrasound; reflection of sound; echo and SONAR. Structure of the Human Ear (Auditory aspect only).
Theme : Natural Resources : Balance in Nature
Unit IV : Our Environment
Physical resources : Air, Water, Soil. Air for respiration, for combustion, for moderating temperatures; movements of air and its role in bringing rains across India.
Air, Water and Soil pollution (brief introduction). Holes in ozone layer and the probable damages.
Bio-geo chemical cycles in nature : Water, Oxygen, Carbon and Nitrogen.
Theme : Food
Unit V : Food Production
Plant and animal breeding and selection for quality improvement and management; Use of fertilizers and manures; Protection from pests and diseases; Organic farming.
Praticals should be conducted alongside the concepts taught in theory classes.
(LIST OF EXPERIMENTS)
Preparation of :
- A true solution of common salt, sugar and alum
- A suspension of soil, chalk powder and fine sand in water
- A colloidal solution of starch in water and egg albumin/milk in water and distinction between these on the basis of
- filtration criterion
- a mixture
- a compound
using iron filings and sulphur powder and distinction between these on the basis of:
- appearance, i.e., homogeneity and heterogeneity
- behaviour towards a magnet
- behaviour towards carbon disulphide as a solvent
- effect of heat
- Separation of the components of a mixture of sand, common salt and ammonium chloride (or camphor).
- Performing the following reactions and classifying them as physical or chemical changes :
- Iron with copper sulphate solution in water
- Burning of magnesium ribbon in air
- Zinc with dilute sulphuric acid
- Heating of copper sulphate crystals
- Sodium sulphate with barium chloride in the form of their solutions in water.
- Preparation of stained temporary mounts of (a) onion peel, (b) human cheek cells & to record observations and draw their labeled diagrams.
- Identification of Parenchyma, Collenchyma and Sclerenchyma tissues in plants, striped, smooth and cardiac muscle fibers and nerve cells in animals from prepared slides. Drawing of their labeled diagrams.
- Determination of the melting point of ice and the boiling point of water.
- Verification of the Laws of reflection of sound.
- Determination of the density of solid (denser than water) by using a spring balance and a measuring cylinder.
- Establishing the relation between the loss in weight of a solid when fully immersed in
- tap water
- strongly salty water, with the weight of water displaced by it by taking at least two different solids.
- Determination of the speed of a pulse propagated through a stretched string / slinky.
- Study of the characteristics of Spirogyra / Agaricus, Moss / Fern, Pinus (either with male or female cone) and an Angiospermic plant. Drawing and providing two identifying features of the groups they belong to.
- Observing the given pictures / charts / models of earthworm, cockroach, bony fish and bird. For each organism, drawing of their picture and recording :
- one specific feature of its phylum.
- one adaptive feature with reference to its habitat.
- Verification of the law of conservation of mass in a chemical reaction.
- Study of the external features of root, stem, leaf and flower of monocot and dicot plants.
Latest CBSE News
- As per the norms, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has been announced strict rules regarding the change of school for reasons like better education, etc. On 5th April 2019, CBSE has made a list of documents that parents, as well as students, will have to give for direct admissions in Class X and XII. The following are the documents required to take admissions in Class X and XII are...
- CBSE Class 10, 12 Results 2019: After so many predictions, rumours about the CBSE class 10th and class 12th results, finally the date is out now and the dates are also confirmed by the CBSE officials. According to the CBSE officials, the result will be declared by after the May 1st week i.e. between May 8, 2019, and May 15, 2019. Download CBSE class 10 Physics electricity notes prepared by expert...
- When students prepare for the final board exams, most of the students often waste their time in choosing the right books to study for their final examination. They become confused in choosing the right study material for themselves and ends up taking the wrong books for their preparation which may even lead to failure in their board exams. National Council of Education, Research and training (...
- Nowadays children are very busy with their day to day study. They are very much busy that they even don’t have time for themselves. Burden and competition in education is growing day by day and due to this students are not able to enjoy their life. It is very important for every student to indulge in some other extracurricular or after school programs so that they can spend some time exploring...
- A Few days ago, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) launched its podcast application for all the stakeholders. As per the norms, the evaluation process for the on-going CBSE board exams 2019 has also been started. Now you can see the guidelines for the evaluation process on the podcast app of the board named CBSE Shiksha Vani. You can also download this app from Google Play Store. The...
- Computers and software have become present everywhere. From booking a railway ticket to watching an IPL match on a smartphone, it is all down to coding and software. It is not surprising that the computer and software industry will provide the bulk of jobs in the coming years. Currently, India has 5.2 million employees who develop software, and the number will increase exponentially in the coming...
- Exam times are one of the most hectic and nerve-racking periods in the student’s life ever. This pressure will more increase if the board exams are going on. During the exam times students don’t eat, sleep properly in the burden to perform well in the board exams. But they always forget that the brain also requires a lot of energy as a portion of food, rest i.e. good nutrition to work well. To...