CBSE class 9 english students can free download study material in pdf, practice to get better marks in examinations. all material has been prepared based on latest guidelines, term examination pattern and blueprint issued by cbse and ncert
click on tabs below for class 9 english worksheets, assignments, syllabus, ncert cbse books, ncert solutions, hots, multiple choice questions (mcqs), flowcharts, formulas, concept maps, mind map, equations, easy to learn concepts and study notes of all class 9 english chapters, online tests, value based questions (vbqs), sample papers and last year solved question papers
SECTION A: READING
This section will have two reading passages as per the details below :
Q.1: A Factual passage 300-350 words with eight Questions.
Q.2: Discursive passage of 350-400 words with four Short Answer Type Questions to test inference, evaluation and analysis and four Very Short Answer Type questions to test vocabulary.
SECTION B: WRITING AND GRAMMAR
Q.3: Writing a diary/article in about 100–120 words using visual or verbal cue/s. The questions will be thematically based on MCB.
Q.4: Writing a short story based on a given outline or cue/s in about 200 - 250 words.
The Grammar syllabus will include the following areas in class IX :
- Use of passive voice
- Subject – verb concord
- Commands and requests
- Noun clauses
- Adverb clauses of condition and time
- Relative clauses
The above items may be tested through test types as given below:
Q.5: Gap filling with one or two words to test Prepositions, Articles, Conjunctions and Tenses
Q. 6: Editing or Omission
Q. 7: Sentences Reordering or Sentence Transformation in context.
Q.8. One out of two extracts from prose/poetry/play for reference to the context. Four Very Short Answer Questions : two questions of one mark each for global comprehension and two questions of one mark each for interpretation.
Q.9. Four Short Answer type Questions from the Literature Reader to test local and global comprehension of theme and ideas
Q.10. One out of two Long Answer type Questions to assess how the values inherent in the text have been brought out. Creativity, imagination and extrapolation beyond the text and across the texts will be assessed.
Q.11. One out of two very Long Answer Questions on theme, plot involving interpretation, inference and character sketch, in about 150-200 words based on the prescribed extended reading text.
Prescribed Books: Published by CBSE, New Delhi Interact in English Series
- Main Course Book (Revised Edition)
- Workbook (Revised Edition)
- Literature Reader (Revised Edition)
Extended Reading Texts (either one)
- Gulliver’s Travels (unabridged) by Jonathan Swift
- Three Men in a Boat (unabridged) by Jerome K. Jerome
NOTE: Teachers are advised to:
- encourage classroom interaction among peers, students and teachers through activities such as roleplay, group work etc.,
- reduce teacher-talk time and keep it to the minimum,
- take up questions for discussion to encourage pupils to participate and to marshal their ideas and express and defend their views.
Reading Section: Reading for comprehension, critical evaluation, inference and analysis is to be assessed.
Writing Section: All types of short and extended writing tasks will be dealt with.
Grammar: Grammar items mentioned in the syllabus will be taught and assessed over a period of time. There will be no division of syllabus for Grammar.
ENGLISH COMMUNICATIVE COURSE
CLASS - IX (2017-18)
How I Taught My Grandmother to Read
The Man Who Knew too Much
2. A Dog Named Duke
Keeping it from Harold
The Seven Ages
The Road Not Taken
Oh, I Wish I’d Looked After My Teeth
The Solitary Reaper
Song of the Rain
Villa for Sale
The Bishop’s Candlesticks
MAIN COURSE BOOK
Sports and Games
The Class IX Radio and Video Show
Extended Reading Text (either one):
Gulliver’s Travels in four parts Un-
Gulliver’s Travels in four parts, Unabridged
Edition (2005) by Jonathan Swift - Parts
(2005) by Jonathan Swift Parts I & II
III & IV
Three Men in a Boat, Unabridged Edition
Three Men in a Boat, Unabridged
(1889) by Jerome K. Jerome - Chapters
Edition (1889) by Jerome K. Jerome -
1 – 10
WORK BOOK* - Suggested Break-up of Units for the Purpose of Classroom Teaching only-NOT FOR TESTING (see the note below)
2 The Passive
Future Time Reference
*Note on Workbook: The suggested split up of the units of the Workbook reflects a distribution for the purpose of classroom teaching only. Since grammar and usage is not to be tested directly, but in an integrated manner, the split up as shown, does not restrict questions in the grammar section of question papers to the specific units shown in the split up of Workbook units. Grammar is to be tested by recycling grammar items learnt over a period of time in a comprehensive manner. Teachers may adapt this suggested distribution for classroom teaching, making modifications according to their specific needs.
- Schools may adapt the given break-up as per their convenience.
- Activities such as Language games, quizzes, projects, role plays, dramatization, script writing etc must be done as ‘in class’ and ‘in school’ activities. In case, a field survey or visit is taken up, it must be under the direct supervision of the teacher.
Latest CBSE News
- Get all the NCERT provided material like NCERT solution for class 12 for free, Sample papers for class 12 are available on STUDIES TODAY. National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) is the prescribed academic material brand by CBSE. Therefore, all the material are provided by NCERT like CBSE sample papers for class 12, NCERT solution for class 12 etc. The way these papers and...
- The HRD ministry is working on revising the syllabus for all classes. The revised syllabus will be applicable from session starting in 2019. Suggestions were invited from Students, teachers and parents through the link provided on the HRD website. Based on the suggestion the teams at HRD, CBSE and NCERT are working on the new education policy and revised syllabus for all classes. It was announced...
- Get NCERT solution for Class 10 at no cost. Yes, you heard it right STUDIES TODAY is offering students NCERT solutions for free. What are you waiting for! Go subscribe to STUDIES TODAY newsletter today to get more updates on NCERT solutions for more. Class 10th is the most important juncture of students life, Where studies stand at the foremost amongst other priorities. With cutthroat competition...
- NCERT is currently in the process of revising the books of all classes based on the syllabus recommendations received from parents across the country and recommendations from CBSE and government. The soft copies of the current version of the NCERT books are also available on NCERT website and on studiestoday.com for free download by students. NCERT has also kick started the process of introducing...
- Download NCERT solutions for free offered by STUDIES TODAY. NCERT solution are now available for every class related to every subject at Studies today. What is NCERT solution? And how studies today alters it. NCERT solution are the already available solved and answered questions from NCERT notebooks by CBSE, to help students understand the requirement of coursework and how to answer them to...
- STUDIES TODAY is offering CBSE sample paper for free. CBSE sample papers are the last stage of preparation for many students ( and starting for few) of 10 standard. When you are at the stage of your session, where you have finished the course 2 months ago and revising it for a millionth time and not sure where to start again. Then, my friend, you have reached the point where you have to test...
- In line with the Digital India mission of PM Modi, CBSE has planned to send mark sheets and other related documents for class 10 and class 12 students digitally via digital lockers. This move will help more than 80 lakh students to get their documents like marksheets, migration certificates and passing certificates on the date of declaration of results itself. The certificates and other documents...