CBSE Class 10 Social Science MCQs and Short Questions Database. Based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. The students should practice these Sample Papers to gain perfection which will help him to get more marks in CBSE examination. Based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. Based on the same pattern as released by CBSE every year. CBSE releases sample papers every year. These papers are released prior to the CBSE examinations so that students can do practice.
Q3. Distinguish between the Renewable and Non- Renewable Resources.
Ans. Renewable Resources
1) These Resources are those which once mined and used can be regenerated.
2) These Resources which may be obtained continuously.
Example : Land, water plants etc.
Non Renewable Resources.
1) These Resources are those which once mined and used cannot be regenerated.
2) All mineral Resources are limited.
Example : Coal, Mineral-oil etc.
Q4. Describe briefly the distribution of soils found in India.
Ans. (1) Alluvial Soil (2) Black Soil
(3) Red and Yellow Soil (4) Laterite Soil
(5) Mountain Soil (6) Desert Soil (Explain it)
Q5. What is regur soil ? Write its two features. Mention any two regions where regur soil is found.
Ans. Regur soil – Black Soil
1) made up extremely fine
2) have good capacity to hold moisture.
3) develop deep cracks during hot weather.
4) rich in calcium carbonate, potash and lime
1) Maharashtra – Malva Plateau
2) Madhya Pradesh and Chhatisgarh Plateau
Answers key of MCQ :
(1) d (2) c (3) b (4) a (5) a
(6) c (7) d (8) a (9) c (10) b
Lesson – 2
Forest and Wild Life Resources
Key Concepts of the lesson -
Trees and animals species:
(1) Normal species (2) Endangered species
(3) Vulnerable species (4) Rare species
(5) Endemic species (6) Extinct species
Types of Forest
(1) Reserved forests
(2) Protected forests
(3) Unclassified forests
Biodiversity Biodiversity is immensely rich in wildlife and cultivated species, diverse in form and function, but closely integrated in a system through multiple network of interdependences.
Multiple Choice Questions
Q1. The diverse flora and fauna of the planet are under great threat mainly due to :
(a) Global Warming (b) Lack of water availability
(c) Insensitivity to our environment (d) Increasing pollution
Q2. Which one of the following is an endangered species of Manipur ?
(a) Blue Sheep (b) Asiatic Buffalo
(c) Sangai (brow anter deer) (d) Cattle
Q3. “The species that are not found after searches of known or likely areas where they may occur” are known as :
(a) Normal species (b) Vulnerable species
(c) Extinct species (d) Rare species
Q4. Which one of the following is a medicinal plant used to treat some types of cancer ?
(a) Himalayan Yew (b) Himalayan Oak
(c) Madhuca insignis (d) Hubbardia heptaneuron
Q5. In which year, the Indian Wildlife (Protection) Act was implemented ?
(a) 1970 (b) 1971
(c) 1972 (d) 1974
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 10 Social Science MCQs for Forest and Wild Life Resources