PH AND PH CHANGE IN AQUEOUS SOLUTIONS
You have already performed experiments on dynamic equilibrium between unionised salt and the ions produced by it on dissolving in a solvent. In this unit we will learn about shift in ionic equilibrium between unionised water molecules and H+ and OH– ions. The conductivity experiments prove that even pure water ionises to some extent although it has very low conductivity. On this basis it can be concluded that ionic equilibrium exists in pure water also. This ionic equilibrium can be represented as
Click on the below link to download NCERT Class 11 Chemistry Lab Manual ph and ph change in Aqueous Solutions
More Related Content
Latest CBSE News
- Smartphones and the latest technologies are ruling students life today, even two year small kid uses a mobile phone to watch YouTube videos and cartoon games while eating food. Nowadays when you go inside a home, almost all the people inside the home will have a mobile phone individually. This impact of the smartphone technology over the public is the major reason for the increased users on the...
- Many CBSE students who are all preparing for their Class X exams do not prepare well for the English exams because they always try to focus on the mainstream subjects. When they are on the go for scoring more marks for the main subjects, their performance level and the marks got greatly reduced in English. English is a global language, so it is very important to learn that subject as it can help...
- With the latest technology and smartphones at the fingertips, students will get distracted easily these days. With the plenty of interesting things around, it is very hard for the students to focus on their studies. The lapse in concentration during the studies is something very similar to online shopping. We aim at a specific product, and with the suggestions of different products on the website...
- Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is planning to conduct the board exams for the class 10th and 12th students in the upcoming February. The CBSE board is planning to release the timetable for the exams soon. Now, the mindset of every student is to score the good works in the examination. Not all the hard working students will get the top marks in the examination. The one who studies...
- On the one hand, students enjoy a lot while solving the problems on the mathematics subject. On the other hand, some students cry out when they prepare for their exam. Getting a good mark in the mathematics exam is not that difficult but many students didn't recognize it. The biggest problems in mathematics exam which a student normally face during the exam are timing, getting wrong answers in...
- CBSE board exams are going to be conducted in the next few months, and students are trying their best to get the good marks in the examination. Even though students studying in CBSE schools put maximum effort, mathematics subject alone remain a nightmare for many CBSE students till now. To help their students in the proper way, school teachers and mathematics experts are giving good advice to the...
- Is your child carrying a heavy school bag daily which causes pain in his shoulders and back ? See the allowed weight limits of school bag below