PH AND PH CHANGE IN AQUEOUS SOLUTIONS
You have already performed experiments on dynamic equilibrium between unionised salt and the ions produced by it on dissolving in a solvent. In this unit we will learn about shift in ionic equilibrium between unionised water molecules and H+ and OH– ions. The conductivity experiments prove that even pure water ionises to some extent although it has very low conductivity. On this basis it can be concluded that ionic equilibrium exists in pure water also. This ionic equilibrium can be represented as
Click on the below link to download NCERT Class 11 Chemistry Lab Manual ph and ph change in Aqueous Solutions
More Related Content
Latest CBSE News
- CBSE has issued circular explaining the details regarding re evaluation process for class 12 and class 10. Read the details below.. 1. Verification of Marks a) Request for verification can be submitted only online from website of CBSE www.cbse.nic.in along with fee of Rs.500/- per subject as per schedule given in Annexure-I. b) In case applying from India the requisite fee of Rs.500/- per...
- Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji said "It is our responsibility to ensure that the right spirit of yoga is conveyed to everyone." To promote wellbeing and awareness about Yoga amongst students, the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) through National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) is taking multi-dimensional initiative to promote Yoga in curriculum...
- The process for starting the registration for compartment examinations for class 10 and class 12 has started. CBSE has recently issued a notification providing details of the schedule to be followed for registration and submission of fees. The CBSE board has also sent the notification to the schools regarding compartment examinations process for regular and private students. CBSE will activate...
- The government of Delhi has instructed 575 schools to return excess fees charged from parents with 9% interest. The list of the 575 schools is as under. Also, the notice issued by the govt says " In continuation of orders dated 22.02.2018, 03.07.2017, 01.07.2016, 15.03.2016, 20.10.2015, 21.10.2014 and 28.02.2013 and in exercise of the powers conferred under rule SO(xviii) j Section 24(3...
- For awarding the grades, the Board shall put all the passed students in a rank order and will award grades as follows: · A-1 Top 1/8th of the passed candidates· A-2 Next 1/8th of the passed candidates· B-1 Next 1/8th of the passed candidates· B-2 Next 1/8th of the passed candidates· C-1 Next 1/8th of the passed candidates· C-2 Next 1/8th of the passed candidates· D-1 Next 1/8th of the passed...
- Its expected that CBSE will release the results for class 10and class 12 board exams by end of next week. The results will be declared by many mediums so that students across the country don’t face any issues regarding accessibility to results due to sudden pressure on CBSE results website like previous years. The Central Board of Secondary Education's CBSE Class 12th result 2018 and CBSE Class...