NEET UG Biology Breathing and Exchange of Gases. NEET UG students can acces the biggest database of MCQs on Studiestoday.com. This collection of MCQs have been prepared by the best NEET teachers in the country. NEET students should download and practice these questions to get better marks in examinations.
Chapter 20. Breathing and Exchange of Gases
Removal of CO2 and intaking O2 is essential for cells during various processes in the body of organisms to take O2 is inspiration and removeing co2 is expiration processes. Both together called as breathing.
In human for breathing activity nose, phalynx, larynx ,trachea,bronchi and lungs like organs makes togather respiratory system.
Diagphram and intercostal muscel play important role in inspiration and expiration process. In exchange and transport of resiratory gases O2 and CO2 both are transported, in this blood play important role.
The process of respiration is regulating by nervous system and chemical
Disorders of Respiratory system are Asthma,Emphysema, Occupational Respiratiory Disorders.
(1) Respiration is helpful in
(a) Removing waste from the body
(b) Producing energy within the body
(c) Production of proteins
(d) Production of carbohydrates.
(2) Respiration,occures in the presence of oxygen in called
(3) The surface, from which the exchange of, gas takes place, is called
(a) Plasma surface
(c) Respiration surface
(4) During respiration......
(a) O2 is produced and CO2 is consumed
(b) O2 is consumed and CO2 is produced
(c) Both O2 and CO2 are produced
(d) Both O2 and CO2 are consumed.
(5) A respiratory surface must be ?
(c) Wide spread
(d) All these.
(6) Which of the following shows pulmonary respiration
(7) What is called the Upper region of Pharynx in man ?
(d) None of these
(8) The diameter of human trachea is about
(a) 1 cm
(b) 2.5 cm
(c) 2 inches
(d) 0.1 cm
(9) The length of human trachea is about (Gujarat C.E.T.Q.B.)
(a) 6 inches
(b) 12 cm
(c) 12 inches
(d) 18 cm
(10) The trachea is supported by, cartilaginous rings,which are.........shaped
Please refer to the file below - NEET UG Biology Breathing and Exchange of Gases
Latest CBSE News
- The problems faced by CBSE board during the current ongoing board exams for class 10 and class 12 doesn’t seems to end. The investigations for the major paper leak for class 12 is still going on with students agitating and filing cases in SC against the re-conduct of examinations. Now due to Bharat Bandh organized in Punjab by various Dalit Organizations all schools and public transport systems...
- CBSE board is in the process of making major changes in the syllabus for all classes according to which NCERT books will be revised. The new NCERT Books will be applicable from next year. In continuation to the changes being made, it has now been decided that QR codes will be printed on new set of NCERT Textbooks which will be issued in 2019. Students will be able to scan the QR code using their...
- Today CBSE has finally declared that there will not be any retest for class 10 mathematics examination. Even though there was news that the question paper has been leaked with strong evidences but taking due care of the hardships faced by honest students CBSE has finally declared that no retest will be conducted. The decision has come after the evaluators have examined many answer sheets from...
- As per the changes introduced by CBSE in the latest syllabus issued the programming languages C++ and Java have been discontinued and instead of these languages Python has been introduced which is considered to be more powerful and easy to learn. Besides this, a new educational language named ‘Scratch’, developed by Massachusetts Institute of Technology(MIT) will also be introduced in the revised...
- Many changes have been made by the government in the recently announced syllabus issued for year 2018 -2019. Change has been made in the school detention policy applicable for Class 1 to Class 8. Under the previous CCE system no students were detained in classes 1 to 8 irrespective of their results. This led to very weak students also getting into next classes leading to low passing percentages...
- The students and teachers of class 10 had earlier complained to the CBSE board regarding errors in the class 10 English Question paper. This was investigated by CSBE and decision on this topic was awaited. CBSE has decided to give benefit to the students and will give 2 extra marks to all students as compensation for error in the comprehension passage section. Online petition was files which said...
- In the recently issued revised syllabus by CBSE for all classes for the year 2018-2019 there have been some major changes done by CBSE. The changes include removal of some chapters and also discontinuation of some subjects. The changes have mainly impacted classes 9 till class 12. Please see below a summary of all syllabus changes which have been done for classes 9 to 12. Students must refer to...