NEET UG Biology Breathing and Exchange of Gases. NEET UG students can acces the biggest database of MCQs on Studiestoday.com. This collection of MCQs have been prepared by the best NEET teachers in the country. NEET students should download and practice these questions to get better marks in examinations.
Chapter 20. Breathing and Exchange of Gases
Removal of CO2 and intaking O2 is essential for cells during various processes in the body of organisms to take O2 is inspiration and removeing co2 is expiration processes. Both together called as breathing.
In human for breathing activity nose, phalynx, larynx ,trachea,bronchi and lungs like organs makes togather respiratory system.
Diagphram and intercostal muscel play important role in inspiration and expiration process. In exchange and transport of resiratory gases O2 and CO2 both are transported, in this blood play important role.
The process of respiration is regulating by nervous system and chemical
Disorders of Respiratory system are Asthma,Emphysema, Occupational Respiratiory Disorders.
(1) Respiration is helpful in
(a) Removing waste from the body
(b) Producing energy within the body
(c) Production of proteins
(d) Production of carbohydrates.
(2) Respiration,occures in the presence of oxygen in called
(3) The surface, from which the exchange of, gas takes place, is called
(a) Plasma surface
(c) Respiration surface
(4) During respiration......
(a) O2 is produced and CO2 is consumed
(b) O2 is consumed and CO2 is produced
(c) Both O2 and CO2 are produced
(d) Both O2 and CO2 are consumed.
(5) A respiratory surface must be ?
(c) Wide spread
(d) All these.
(6) Which of the following shows pulmonary respiration
(7) What is called the Upper region of Pharynx in man ?
(d) None of these
(8) The diameter of human trachea is about
(a) 1 cm
(b) 2.5 cm
(c) 2 inches
(d) 0.1 cm
(9) The length of human trachea is about (Gujarat C.E.T.Q.B.)
(a) 6 inches
(b) 12 cm
(c) 12 inches
(d) 18 cm
(10) The trachea is supported by, cartilaginous rings,which are.........shaped
Please refer to the file below - NEET UG Biology Breathing and Exchange of Gases
Latest CBSE News
- It has been confirmed that NCERT books and syllabus will now be applicable in all UP board schools. This was confirmed by the UP deputy chief minister Dinesh Sharma. The new NCERT pattern will be applicable from next session onwards. This move is in line with many other states who have made NCERT books mandatory in their schools. This has been done to make the education at par with the CBSE...
- As per latest circular issued by CBSE there has been slight modification in the dates sheet for class 12 Board Examinations. The examination date for Physical Education exam has been modified. Earlier the exam date was 9th April 2018. This exam will now be held on 13th April 2018. This comes as a relief for students as earlier the sociology exam was next day of the Physical Education exam. Now...
- Concerns have been shown by the class 12 students regarding the datesheet released by CBSE for class 12 board examination. Some of the examinations are back to back leaving little space for students to relax and revise for next exam. Specifically those in the humanities/ arts stream are the most impacted as exam for psychology exam is on April 5, political science exam is on April 6 and legal...
- CBSE has issued instructions to all affiliated schools to make arrangements in school premises so that the students can listen to Prime Minister Narendra Modi's interaction with students 'Pariksha Par Charcha'. This year PM Modi will interact with students in a program 'Pariksha Par Charcha' which will be held on 16th February 2018. The broadcast will be done in all schools and on various news...
- National achievement survey (NAS) for Class 10 will beheld by the national council for educational research and training (NCERT), New Delhi on 5th February for students in almost 360 government schools across Goa. The NAS test will be conducted for mathematics, English, social sciences, science and modern Indian languages. The test will be held in school premises and will be invigilated by the...