NEET UG Biology Breathing and Exchange of Gases. NEET UG students can acces the biggest database of MCQs on Studiestoday.com. This collection of MCQs have been prepared by the best NEET teachers in the country. NEET students should download and practice these questions to get better marks in examinations.
Chapter 20. Breathing and Exchange of Gases
Removal of CO2 and intaking O2 is essential for cells during various processes in the body of organisms to take O2 is inspiration and removeing co2 is expiration processes. Both together called as breathing.
In human for breathing activity nose, phalynx, larynx ,trachea,bronchi and lungs like organs makes togather respiratory system.
Diagphram and intercostal muscel play important role in inspiration and expiration process. In exchange and transport of resiratory gases O2 and CO2 both are transported, in this blood play important role.
The process of respiration is regulating by nervous system and chemical
Disorders of Respiratory system are Asthma,Emphysema, Occupational Respiratiory Disorders.
(1) Respiration is helpful in
(a) Removing waste from the body
(b) Producing energy within the body
(c) Production of proteins
(d) Production of carbohydrates.
(2) Respiration,occures in the presence of oxygen in called
(3) The surface, from which the exchange of, gas takes place, is called
(a) Plasma surface
(c) Respiration surface
(4) During respiration......
(a) O2 is produced and CO2 is consumed
(b) O2 is consumed and CO2 is produced
(c) Both O2 and CO2 are produced
(d) Both O2 and CO2 are consumed.
(5) A respiratory surface must be ?
(c) Wide spread
(d) All these.
(6) Which of the following shows pulmonary respiration
(7) What is called the Upper region of Pharynx in man ?
(d) None of these
(8) The diameter of human trachea is about
(a) 1 cm
(b) 2.5 cm
(c) 2 inches
(d) 0.1 cm
(9) The length of human trachea is about (Gujarat C.E.T.Q.B.)
(a) 6 inches
(b) 12 cm
(c) 12 inches
(d) 18 cm
(10) The trachea is supported by, cartilaginous rings,which are.........shaped
Please refer to the file below - NEET UG Biology Breathing and Exchange of Gases
Latest CBSE News
- Its expected that CBSE will release the results for class 10and class 12 board exams by end of next week. The results will be declared by many mediums so that students across the country don’t face any issues regarding accessibility to results due to sudden pressure on CBSE results website like previous years. The Central Board of Secondary Education's CBSE Class 12th result 2018 and CBSE Class...
- Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji said "It is our responsibility to ensure that the right spirit of yoga is conveyed to everyone." To promote wellbeing and awareness about Yoga amongst students, the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) through National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) is taking multi-dimensional initiative to promote Yoga in curriculum...
- CBSE has issued circular explaining the details regarding re evaluation process for class 12 and class 10. Read the details below.. 1. Verification of Marks a) Request for verification can be submitted only online from website of CBSE www.cbse.nic.in along with fee of Rs.500/- per subject as per schedule given in Annexure-I. b) In case applying from India the requisite fee of Rs.500/- per...
- The government of Delhi has instructed 575 schools to return excess fees charged from parents with 9% interest. The list of the 575 schools is as under. Also, the notice issued by the govt says " In continuation of orders dated 22.02.2018, 03.07.2017, 01.07.2016, 15.03.2016, 20.10.2015, 21.10.2014 and 28.02.2013 and in exercise of the powers conferred under rule SO(xviii) j Section 24(3...
- For awarding the grades, the Board shall put all the passed students in a rank order and will award grades as follows: · A-1 Top 1/8th of the passed candidates· A-2 Next 1/8th of the passed candidates· B-1 Next 1/8th of the passed candidates· B-2 Next 1/8th of the passed candidates· C-1 Next 1/8th of the passed candidates· C-2 Next 1/8th of the passed candidates· D-1 Next 1/8th of the passed...
- CBSE has issued the following circular regarding celebrating World Environment Day: World Environment Day is celebrated on June 5 every year. This year India is hosting the World Environment Day 2018 at global level in collaboration with UN Environment on the theme “Plastic Pollution" You are, therefore, requested to sensitize students by organizing awareness programmes on environmental...