Download Class 6 Science NCERT Solutions, latest Books, printable worksheets with important questions and answers, latest CBSE Sample Papers and past year question papers with solutions and other useful study material prepared based on latest guidelines, examination pattern and blueprint issued by CBSE and NCERT
Click below for Class 6 Science NCERT Solutions, important concepts and worksheets, latest syllabus, NCERT CBSE books, HOTs, Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), easy to learn concepts and study notes of all chapters, online tests, value based questions (VBQs), sample papers and last year solved question papers
Class 6 Science syllabus, examination structure and important topics. The syllabus for class 6 mainly has topics as given in the science books issued by NCERT books, most of the schools are also recommending books of other publishers which have additional worksheets, which the students can practice to score better in class tests and school level examinations. Students also keep on searching for worksheets and videos to better understand various topics. You can find all study material on www.studiestoday.com Details of important topics is given below:
1. Food Sources of food What are the various sources of our food? What do other animals eat?
Components of food What is our food made up of? Why do we eat a variety of food?
Cleaning food How do we separate the grains after harvesting the wheat /rice crop?
Materials of daily use What are our clothes Made of? How did people manage when there were no clothes?
Are some of our clothes made of materials obtained from plants? In what kinds of places do these plants grow? Which parts of the plants are used for making clothes?
Different kinds of materials
What kinds of things do we see around us?
How things change/ react with one another In what ways do things change on being heated? Do they change back on being cooled? Why does a burning candle get shorter?
How much salt can be dissolved in a cup of water?
3.The World of the Living
Things around us
Are all things around us living? What is the difference between living and non-living? Are all living things similar? Do all living things move? Where do plants and animals live? Can we grow plants in the dark?
The habitat of the living
How does habitat affect plants and animals? How do fish live in water?
Plants – form and function
What is the structure and function of various parts of the plants - stem, leaf and roots? How do different flowers differ from one another? How does one study flowers?
Animals – form and function
What is inside our bodies? How do animals move? Do all animals have bones in their bodies? How do fishes move? And birds fly? What about snakes, snails, earthworms?
4. Moving Things, People and Ideas
How did people travel from one place to another in earlier times? How did they know how far they had travelled? How do we know that something is moving? How do we know how far it has moved?
5. How things work
Electric current and circuits
How does a torch work?
Do all materials allow current to flow through them?
What is a magnet?
Where on a magnet do things stick?
How is a magnet used to find direction?
How do two magnets behave when brought close to each other?
6. Natural Phenomena
Rain, thunder and lightning
Where does rain come from? How do clouds form?
Which are the things we can see through?
When are shadows formed? Do you get a shadow at night – when there is no light in the room, no moonlight or other source of light? What colour is a shadow?
On what kinds of surfaces can we see images?
7. Natural Resources Importance of water What will happen to soil, people, domestic animals, rivers, ponds and plants and animals if it does not rain this year?
What will happen to soil, people, domestic animals, plants and animals living in rivers and ponds, if it rains heavily?
Importance of air
Why do earthworms come out of the soil when it rains?
Do you throw away fruit and vegetable peels and cuttings? Can these be reused? If we dump them anywhere, will it harm the surroundings? What if we throw them in plastic bags?
Latest CBSE News
- Is your child carrying a heavy school bag daily which causes pain in his shoulders and back ? See the allowed weight limits of school bag below
- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) board has released a recent notification for the students and parents in which they have declared that the Education Board is already following the regulations based on the RTI rules to charge the money from the candidates in order to get their Photocopies for the answer sheets from the CBSE board. Many media and reporters reported CBSE board has no...
- On the one hand, students enjoy a lot while solving the problems on the mathematics subject. On the other hand, some students cry out when they prepare for their exam. Getting a good mark in the mathematics exam is not that difficult but many students didn't recognize it. The biggest problems in mathematics exam which a student normally face during the exam are timing, getting wrong answers in...
- Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is planning to conduct the board exams for the class 10th and 12th students in the upcoming February. The CBSE board is planning to release the timetable for the exams soon. Now, the mindset of every student is to score the good works in the examination. Not all the hard working students will get the top marks in the examination. The one who studies...
- Many CBSE students who are all preparing for their Class X exams do not prepare well for the English exams because they always try to focus on the mainstream subjects. When they are on the go for scoring more marks for the main subjects, their performance level and the marks got greatly reduced in English. English is a global language, so it is very important to learn that subject as it can help...
- CBSE board exams are going to be conducted in the next few months, and students are trying their best to get the good marks in the examination. Even though students studying in CBSE schools put maximum effort, mathematics subject alone remain a nightmare for many CBSE students till now. To help their students in the proper way, school teachers and mathematics experts are giving good advice to the...
- Smartphones and the latest technologies are ruling students life today, even two year small kid uses a mobile phone to watch YouTube videos and cartoon games while eating food. Nowadays when you go inside a home, almost all the people inside the home will have a mobile phone individually. This impact of the smartphone technology over the public is the major reason for the increased users on the...