Click below for Class 6 Science NCERT Solutions, important concepts and worksheets, latest syllabus, NCERT CBSE books, HOTs, Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), easy to learn concepts and study notes of all chapters, online tests, value based questions (VBQs), sample papers and last year solved question papers. Also Download Class 6th NCERT Social Science Study Material from here in PDF Form.
Class 6 Science syllabus, examination structure and important topics. The syllabus for class 6 mainly has topics as given in the science books issued by NCERT books, most of the schools are also recommending books of other publishers which have additional worksheets, which the students can practice to score better in class tests and school level examinations. Students also keep on searching for worksheets and videos to better understand various topics. You can find all study material on www.studiestoday.com Details of important topics is given below:
1. Food Sources of food What are the various sources of our food? What do other animals eat?
Components of food What is our food made up of? Why do we eat a variety of food?
Cleaning food How do we separate the grains after harvesting the wheat /rice crop?
Materials of daily use What are our clothes Made of? How did people manage when there were no clothes?
Are some of our clothes made of materials obtained from plants? In what kinds of places do these plants grow? Which parts of the plants are used for making clothes?
Different kinds of materials
What kinds of things do we see around us?
How things change/ react with one another In what ways do things change on being heated? Do they change back on being cooled? Why does a burning candle get shorter?
How much salt can be dissolved in a cup of water?
3.The World of the Living
Things around us
Are all things around us living? What is the difference between living and non-living? Are all living things similar? Do all living things move? Where do plants and animals live? Can we grow plants in the dark?
The habitat of the living
How does habitat affect plants and animals? How do fish live in water?
Plants – form and function
What is the structure and function of various parts of the plants - stem, leaf and roots? How do different flowers differ from one another? How does one study flowers?
Animals – form and function
What is inside our bodies? How do animals move? Do all animals have bones in their bodies? How do fishes move? And birds fly? What about snakes, snails, earthworms?
4. Moving Things, People and Ideas
How did people travel from one place to another in earlier times? How did they know how far they had travelled? How do we know that something is moving? How do we know how far it has moved?
5. How things work
Electric current and circuits
How does a torch work?
Do all materials allow current to flow through them?
What is a magnet?
Where on a magnet do things stick?
How is a magnet used to find direction?
How do two magnets behave when brought close to each other?
6. Natural Phenomena
Rain, thunder and lightning
Where does rain come from? How do clouds form?
Which are the things we can see through?
When are shadows formed? Do you get a shadow at night – when there is no light in the room, no moonlight or other source of light? What colour is a shadow?
On what kinds of surfaces can we see images?
7. Natural Resources Importance of water What will happen to soil, people, domestic animals, rivers, ponds and plants and animals if it does not rain this year?
What will happen to soil, people, domestic animals, plants and animals living in rivers and ponds, if it rains heavily?
Importance of air
Why do earthworms come out of the soil when it rains?
Do you throw away fruit and vegetable peels and cuttings? Can these be reused? If we dump them anywhere, will it harm the surroundings? What if we throw them in plastic bags?
Latest CBSE News
- You never realise what you have until its gone. A chocolate pastry is a good example, but here we mean the joys of your schooling years. While 18,27,472 of you who are taking the Xth Board exams will continue on your journey of discovery and exploration in school, for 12,87,359 of you who are taking the XIIth Board exams, there are higher institutions of learning awaiting your knock on their...
- Concentration while studying is as important. Without concentration no matter how long you have been sitting for nothing could be learnt. Like many things concentration is not something you can achieve in a night or so you have to work on it for a while. Here are some tips from some studios that may help you to improve concentration and score good. Find your motivation: many students go on...
- CBSE has released the datesheet for the upcoming board examination for class 12. The board exams are scheduled to start in February 2019 with main exams to be starting from March 2019
- CBSE has released the datesheet for the upcoming board examination for class 10. The board exams are scheduled to start in February 2019 with main exams to be starting from March 2019