CBSE class 6 science covers topics food, sources of food, components of food, cleaning food, materials, materials of daily use, different kinds of materials, how things change react with one another, the world of the living, things around us, the habitat of the living, plants form and function, animals form and function, moving things, people and ideas, how things work, electric current and circuits, magnets, natural phenomena rain, thunder and lightning, light, natural resources importance of water, importance of air, waste, students can free download in pdf, practice to get better marks in examinations. all study material has been prepared based on latest guidelines, term examination pattern and blueprint issued by cbse and ncert
click on tabs below for class 6 science worksheets, assignments, syllabus, ncert cbse books, ncert solutions, hots, multiple choice questions (mcqs), easy to learn concepts and study notes of all class 6 science chapters, online tests, value based questions (vbqs), sample papers and last year solved question papers
Class 6 Science syllabus, examination structure and important topics. The syllabus for class 6 mainly has topics as given in the science books issued by NCERT books, most of the schools are also recommending books of other publishers which have additional worksheets, which the students can practice to score better in class tests and school level examinations. Students also keep on searching for worksheets and videos to better understand various topics. You can find all study material on www.studiestoday.com Details of important topics is given below:
1. Food Sources of food What are the various sources of our food? What do other animals eat?
Components of food What is our food made up of? Why do we eat a variety of food?
Cleaning food How do we separate the grains after harvesting the wheat /rice crop?
Materials of daily use What are our clothes Made of? How did people manage when there were no clothes?
Are some of our clothes made of materials obtained from plants? In what kinds of places do these plants grow? Which parts of the plants are used for making clothes?
Different kinds of materials
What kinds of things do we see around us?
How things change/ react with one another In what ways do things change on being heated? Do they change back on being cooled? Why does a burning candle get shorter?
How much salt can be dissolved in a cup of water?
3.The World of the Living
Things around us
Are all things around us living? What is the difference between living and non-living? Are all living things similar? Do all living things move? Where do plants and animals live? Can we grow plants in the dark?
The habitat of the living
How does habitat affect plants and animals? How do fish live in water?
Plants – form and function
What is the structure and function of various parts of the plants - stem, leaf and roots? How do different flowers differ from one another? How does one study flowers?
Animals – form and function
What is inside our bodies? How do animals move? Do all animals have bones in their bodies? How do fishes move? And birds fly? What about snakes, snails, earthworms?
4. Moving Things, People and Ideas
How did people travel from one place to another in earlier times? How did they know how far they had travelled? How do we know that something is moving? How do we know how far it has moved?
5. How things work
Electric current and circuits
How does a torch work?
Do all materials allow current to flow through them?
What is a magnet?
Where on a magnet do things stick?
How is a magnet used to find direction?
How do two magnets behave when brought close to each other?
6. Natural Phenomena
Rain, thunder and lightning
Where does rain come from? How do clouds form?
Which are the things we can see through?
When are shadows formed? Do you get a shadow at night – when there is no light in the room, no moonlight or other source of light? What colour is a shadow?
On what kinds of surfaces can we see images?
7. Natural Resources Importance of water What will happen to soil, people, domestic animals, rivers, ponds and plants and animals if it does not rain this year?
What will happen to soil, people, domestic animals, plants and animals living in rivers and ponds, if it rains heavily?
Importance of air
Why do earthworms come out of the soil when it rains?
Do you throw away fruit and vegetable peels and cuttings? Can these be reused? If we dump them anywhere, will it harm the surroundings? What if we throw them in plastic bags?
Latest CBSE News
- NCERT is an organization which was formed by the Government of India in 1961. The organisation was formed by merging atleast seven government education institutions. The NCERT was formed to standardize the education system in India. The main objective was to publish high quality NCERT books which can be implemented in the entire country to ensure standard education system across the country....
- Government has been working on revamping the school level education system for all CBSE affiliated schools in India. HRD ministry has recently asked for suggestions from teachers, students and parents on the syllabus contents. Thousands of respondents along with teachers submitted their responses on the MHRD website on their opinion about the syllabus for various classes and what all topics to...
- CBSE has released the following FAQs for Class 11 Academic Session 2018-19 for Computer Science and Informatics Practices - New Syllabus Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Class XI (Academic Session 2018-19) Informatics Practices (New Syllabus) 1. Which version of Python should be preferred? Ans: Version 3.x. Preferably 3.6.4 and above. 2. From where Python can be downloaded? Ans: Python Language...
- In today’s world, competition is very tough. Students have to go through a lot in order to complete their education with top ranking. As our educational system is developing, we are being provided with high level problems and questions to practice and sharp our minds. The process of preparing for an exam requires a rigorous amount of practice, concept-building, problem solving and error...
- NCERT is a government organisation which has been set up to advise the central and state governments on various Matters relating to academics which are related to elementary and Senior school education level. The overall objective of setting up this department was to improve the education level in the entire country. The objective of this department was to prepare and publish text books as per...
- CBSE has issued a circular to students and various schools to increase awareness amongst students regarding careful disposal of e-waste. CBSE has issued a letter from Ministry of Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY),Govt. of India regarding increasing awareness programme on Environmental Hazards of Electronic Waste amongst students. The schools have been advised to tell...
- In continuation of the efforts of the government to standardize the education system across the country, government has decided to implement NCERT curriculum system in Tripura also. The education minister of Tripura announced that from next academic year which is starting from 1st April, NCERT (National Council for Educational Research and Training) will be applicable in all schools in Tripura....