Specific Recommendations for Formative Assessment In Mathematics
- Problem solving, Multiple choice questions (MCQ)
- Data handling and analysis
- Investigative projects
- Math Lab activities
- Models including origami etc.
- Research projects and presentations
- Group projects
- Peer assessment
- Presentations including the use of Information Technology (IT)
- It is suggested for Mathematics at least some formative assessment tasks should be based on Maths Lab Activities.
For more study material for CBSE please click here - CBSE
More Related Content
Latest CBSE News
- There has been numerous reports of paper leak of Class 12 and Class 10. CBSE has come forward and issued a press release to quash the rumours. See the press releases below- Press Release for class 12 Hindi It is bring to the kind notice that a fake question paper of Class XII – Hindi (Elective) is being circulated on social media i.e. whatsapp, you tube etc. is not a real one. It is hereby...
- CBSE had recently announced the syllabus for year 2018 – 2019. In the syllabus CBSE has made major changes this time, one of the biggest one being removal of certain subjects. This is in line with the governments initiative to reduce syllabus for students which will help to reduce stress amongst students. The major changes have been announced for class 9th, 10th and 12th respectively. Some of the...
- CBSE has issued press release regarding the re-conduct of board exams for class 10 and class 12. CBSE has specified that the investigation into the matter of leak of the papers prior to the exam has been taken up very seriously and will be investigated by the police. Internal committee has also been set up which will look into the matter and look into the future actions to be taken. The dates for...
- The Board's Class X/XII Examinations scheduled on 02.04.2018 could not be conducted in the State of Punjab due to Bharat Bandh and had to be cancelled. It has now been decided to conduct the above said cancelled examinations on 27'" April 2018 (Friday) for candidates of the State of Punjab for Class X/XII. 2018. Following is the schedule for conduct of Examination : Friday, 27'" April,2018 - 10...
- NCERT has published an advertisement in the daily newspapers today seeking suggestions from teachers and parents on the changes in syllabus which should be applicable for various classes. CBSE and NCERT are in the process of redesigning the entire syllabus from class 1 till class 12 which will be most probably applicable from session starting in 2019 onwards. Significant reduction in syllabus is...
- Today CBSE has finally declared that there will not be any retest for class 10 mathematics examination. Even though there was news that the question paper has been leaked with strong evidences but taking due care of the hardships faced by honest students CBSE has finally declared that no retest will be conducted. The decision has come after the evaluators have examined many answer sheets from...
- Many changes have been made by the government in the recently announced syllabus issued for year 2018 -2019. Change has been made in the school detention policy applicable for Class 1 to Class 8. Under the previous CCE system no students were detained in classes 1 to 8 irrespective of their results. This led to very weak students also getting into next classes leading to low passing percentages...