Specific Recommendations for Formative Assessment In Mathematics
- Problem solving, Multiple choice questions (MCQ)
- Data handling and analysis
- Investigative projects
- Math Lab activities
- Models including origami etc.
- Research projects and presentations
- Group projects
- Peer assessment
- Presentations including the use of Information Technology (IT)
- It is suggested for Mathematics at least some formative assessment tasks should be based on Maths Lab Activities.
For more study material for CBSE please click here - CBSE
More Related Content
Latest CBSE News
- It has been confirmed that NCERT books and syllabus will now be applicable in all UP board schools. This was confirmed by the UP deputy chief minister Dinesh Sharma. The new NCERT pattern will be applicable from next session onwards. This move is in line with many other states who have made NCERT books mandatory in their schools. This has been done to make the education at par with the CBSE...
- A strange question appeared in the mathematics paper for Primary school students of grade 5 at a school in the Chinese district of Shunqing The question was: "If a ship had 26 sheep and 10 goats on board, how old is the ship's captain?" This question has gone viral on the internet with parents trying to guess the correct answer. Most think that this question was a mistake but the education...
- National Council of Educational Research and Training is going to conduct a National Achievement Test (NAS Test) for Class 10 students of CBSE, ICSE affiliated schools and on February 5 in Gurugram (Gurgaon). The test is scheduled to be conducted in more than 100 private and government schools in the city. The test will be conducted for five subjects which are mathematics, English, social and...
- CBSE has issued instructions to all affiliated schools to make arrangements in school premises so that the students can listen to Prime Minister Narendra Modi's interaction with students 'Pariksha Par Charcha'. This year PM Modi will interact with students in a program 'Pariksha Par Charcha' which will be held on 16th February 2018. The broadcast will be done in all schools and on various news...
- The CBSE board is going to add another new topic in its 10th, 12th grade syllabus from next year. CBSE will include stories of the bravery of 21 Param Vir Chakra winners to its syllabus for class 10 and class 12. Small biographies of the brave people recognized by India will now be taught in CBSE schools across the country. For this, the CBSE has also sent a proposal to NCERT. The government...