Part 1 consists of the evaluation of Scholastic Areas.
Part 1: Scholastic Areas:
- There will be two terms. The First Term will be from April –September and the Second Term from October-March of the subsequent year.
- Each term will have two Formative and one Summative Assessment.
- Assessment will be indicated in Grades.
- The Grading Scale for the Scholastic Areas is a Nine Point Grading Scale.
- Overall grade of Formative Assessments over the two terms (FA1+FA2+FA3+FA4) and the overall grade of Summative Assessment (SA1+SA2) must be given.
- The total of the two grades which comprises (Formative and Summative) needs to be given in the relevant column.
Proposed Evaluation Scheme for Scholastic Subjects:
- Focus on Formative Assessment
- Share the learning outcomes and assessment expectations with students
- Use clearly defined criteria
- Use examples and exemplars
- Give specific feedback
- which will help to)
- Incorporate students Self-Assessment
- Students keep a record of their progress
- Teachers keep records of students’ progress
The reason why we use different methods:
- Learning in different subject areas and aspects of development is to be assessed
- Learners may respond better to one method as compared to another
- Each method contributes in its own way to teachers understanding of learner’s learning.
The overall assessment should be followed by the descriptive remarks by the class teacher the positive and significant achievements, avoiding negative assessment even by implication.
- Sharing learning goals with students
- Involving students in self-assessment
- Providing feedback which leads to students recognizing and taking next steps
- Being confident that, every student can improve.