In order to tell the students about the ill effects of corruption and its effects on our society CBSE has issued a circular relating to Vigilance Awareness Week. CBSE has requested the affiliated schools to organize events in schools and educate the students on the impact of corruption on our society and how to eradicate it.
CBSE has issued the following circular which you should read as there will be activities planned in your school relating to ethics awareness. Please read below-
The Central Vigilance Commission, an apex integrity institution of the country, in its endeavor to promote transparency, accountability and integrity in public life, has been declaring the observance of Vigilance Awareness Week every year to encourage the fight against corruption. The Commission has decided that this year the Vigilance Awareness Week would be observed from 29th October, 2018 to 3rd November, 2018. This year, the theme of the Vigilance Awareness Week is ‘Eradicate Corruption-Build a New India’
For inculcating greater awareness on vigilance in public life, schools are requested to conduct different activities reflecting the aforementioned theme. Activities conducted in schools need to be sustained over a period of time to ensure that ethical values are ingrained permanently in the minds of the younger generation. As part of Vigilance Awareness Week, all CBSE schools shall give special emphasis on ‘ethics and integrity during examination’ among the students of class X and XII. The schools may organize the following activities during the Vigilance Awareness Week 2018:
1. Displaying of banners, hoardings, posters etc
2. Administering ‘Integrity Pledge’ in the school on 29.10.2018 for students, teachers and other staff members
3. Sensitizing students and staff members on the ill effects of corruption and to create awareness amongst others by the students and the staff
4. Organizing lectures, panel discussions, debates, quiz, elocution, essay writing competition, slogan writing competition, cartoon making/poster making competition on moral values, ethics, good governance practices, et covering the theme and ensuring active participation of students
5. Organizing Seminar/Workshop in the school on the theme ‘Eradicate Corruption-Build a New India’
6. Encouraging students, staff and others to take e-pledge by visiting Central Vigilance Commission’s website www.cvc.nic.in
7. Conducting community outreach activities as may be relevant and practicable to ensure wide coverage in the surrounding areas. Safety and Security of students must be ensured while conducting outreach activities.
8. Establishment of Integrity Club in the school in order to sustain activities conducted in schools during the Vigilance Awareness Week and to ensure that ethical values are ingrained permanently in the minds of students.
9. Organizing lecture cum interactive session for class X and XII students on ethics and integrity during examinations. School Principal/Vice Principal may give the lecture or take interactive session with the student
The above mentioned activities may be conducted enthusiastically ensuring maximum participation by students and staff in order to achieve the objective of eliminating corruption in public life.