CBSE Class 8 Science Worksheet - Microorganisms: Friend and Foe - Practice worksheets for CBSE students. Prepared by teachers of the best CBSE schools in India.
BAL BHARATI PUBLIC SCHOOL
GANGA RAM HOSPITAL MARG
SUMMATIVE ASSESSMENT 1
ASSIGNMENT NO. 03
MICROORGANISMS: FRIEND AND FOE
Q1. Answer the following:
i. Microbes that reproduce only inside the hostii.
ii.A viral diseaseiii.
iii.An example of a fungiiv.
iv.Single celled microbesv.
v.Microorganism that increases soil fertilityvi.
vi.Microbes that could be present in form of coloniesvii.
vii.Bacteria which causes anthrax diseaseviii.
viii.Any one preservativeix.
ix.A plant that can show root nodule formation –
x. A useful Fungixi.
xi.A disease that has been eradicated from most parts of the world –
xii. A bacterial disease in plants-
Q2. Tick the correct option:
1. Microbe involved in curd formation:
i) Amoeba ii) Lactobacillus iii) Rhizobium iv) Bread Mould
2. Which of the following is not a fungi:
i) Bread Mould ii) Penicillium iii) Aspergillus iv) Spirogyra
3. The carrier of malarial parasite:
i) Anopheles ii) Aedes iii) Housefly iv) Virus
4. Rust of wheat is caused by:
i) Bacteria ii) Virus iii) Fungi iv) Protozoa
5. Which of the following can result in spread of microbes:
i) Air ii) Water iii) Food iv) All of these
6. The term vaccine was introduced by which scientist?
i) Edward Jenner ii) Robert Hooke iii) Alexander Flemming iv) Robert Koch
7. Chlorophyll is present in which of the following organisms
i) Bacteria ii) Virus iii) Algae iv) Protozoa
8. Yeast is used in the production of:
i) Hydrochloric acid ii) Alcohol iii) Sugar iv) Oxygen
9. Which of the following does not contribute to nitrogen availability in the soil?
i) Decay of organic matter ii) Lightning iii) Rhizobium iv) Lactobacillus
Q3. Give the contributions of the following:
A. Louis Pasteur
B. Alexander Fleming
C. Robert Koch
Students must free download and practice these worksheets to gain more marks in exams. CBSE Class 8 Science Worksheet - Microorganisms: Friend and Foe