CBSE Class 8 Science Worksheet - Materials-Metals and Non-Metals Part B. Revision worksheets, Sample papers, Question banks and easy to learn study notes for all classes and subjects based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. Students and parents can download free a collection of all study material issued by various best schools in India. The study material has been carefully compiled by the best teachers in India. The students should practice the questions database to get better marks in examination. Please refer to other links for free download of high quality study material. Based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. Based on the same pattern as released by CBSE every year. Study material for final/ term/ SA1/ SA2 Examinations conducted by various schools affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in India and abroad. CBSE Study material has been compiled to help students preparation which will helps the students to concentrate more in areas which carry more marks.
METALS AND NON METALS
Name the following questions:-
1. Name some common non-metals used in our daily life.
2. Hardest naturally occurring substance.
3. Property of metals which make them useful as electric wires.
4. Non – metal which has metallic luster.
5. Two non metals which are soft solids.
6. Non metals do not conduct electricity or heat except for one . Name it.
7. An allotrope of carbon which is as tensile as steel.
8. Metals that are not attacked by cold water, boiling water or stream.
9. The property of metals by virtue of which these can beaten into sheets.
10.Non metals used in disinfection of drinking water.
II. Answer the following( in one or two words)
1. What are the elements called which can neither fit with metals nor non metals?
2. Which of the following metals is the best conductor of heat and electricity? Gold, Silver, Copper, Aluminum
3. Which property of metals makes them useful as ringing bells?
4. Arrange the following elements in order of increasing reactivity. Sodium, Magnesium, Copper, Zinc, Aluminum
5. An oxide solution of which of the following elements will turn blue litmus red.
6. Which non-metal is used in making pencil lead?
7. Identify the most reactive and least reactive metal amongst the following Aluminum, Potassium, Copper, zinc, Gold
8. State the nature of oxides of non-metals.
9. Give an example of neutral oxide .
10.Which non metal is kept under water and why?
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 8 Science Worksheet - Materials-Metals and Non-Metals Part B