CBSE Class 9 English Worksheet (1) - Practice worksheets for CBSE students. Prepared by teachers of the best CBSE schools in India.
BAL BHARATI PUBLIC SCHOOL
GANGARAM HOSPITAL MARG, NEW DELHI-60
Read the following extracts given below and answer the questions that follow in one or two lines only.
Q1. And draw them all along, and flow
To join the brimming river
For men may come and men may go,
But I go on for ever
1. What does ‘them’ refer to?
2. What does the word brimming signify?
3. Which poetic device is used in last two lines?
Q2. Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
1. Why does the poet feel sorry?
2. What is the poet talking about in this stanza?
3. “…., long I stood’ what does this line mean?
4. Why is the wood yellow?
Q3 “She gave me a gift of a frock material. Then she did something unusual”.
1. What was the occasion of the gift?
2. What was ‘unusual’?
3. She performed two acts - one expressing love and the other showing respect, respectively. What were they?
Q4 Answer the following questions in about 50-60 words each.
1. How does onomatopoeia help in the poem ‘The Brook’?
2. Why do you think the poet lets the brook describe its journey rather than describing it himself?
3. What is the dilemma faced by the poet-traveller?
4. In what manner did the second road had a better claim?
5. Why is Kashi Yatre important for Hindus?
6. Describe grandmother as a student?
Q5 Answer the following question in 100-120 words (VALUE BASED QUESTION)
“Elders never touch the feet of youngsters. We have always touched the feet of God, elders and teachers. We consider that as a mark of respect. It is a great tradition but today the reverse had happened” What had happened? Discuss the values you imbibe from this episode?
Q6 Long reading text (Novel)
Montmorency is portrayed almost the fourth member of the group. What does the writer say about him?
Students must free download and practice these worksheets to gain more marks in exams.