CBSE Class 8 English Worksheet - SA2
Worksheets have become an integral part of the education system. Worksheets are very critical for every student to practice his/ her concepts. Students, teachers and parents can download all CBSE educational material and extremely well prepared worksheets from this website. All revision worksheets, Sample papers, Question banks and easy to learn study notes for all classes and subjects have been prepared based on the latest guidelines sent by CBSE. All CBSE educational material is developed by our panel of teachers, have also been submitted by thousands of teachers and students. The study material has been carefully compiled by the best teachers in India. Worksheets have been submitted by teachers of various CBSE schools and also have been carefully developed keeping into consideration the latest CBSE syllabus.
Read the following poem carefully :-
Helping other in Real Kindness
1. To feel for others and to do righteous acts of help to living creatures is indeed real kindness. If one can stop a heart from breaking, if one can ease the aching in one’s life or cool one’s pain, he has not lived in vain.
2. To come, helping others is matter of faith. An elderly stranger went to a hospital in Peter Brough. New Hampshire and performed countless tasks. Sweeping, dusting, building ramps, removing limit from the place where clothes are washed etc. for four months. He never revealed his identity. Only after he had left the place, the hospital staff realized that he was former Vice President of the Peninsular Rail Road, a private railway company in the USA.
3. All along the route of the funeral procession of Lord Shaftesbury, a well known social reformer of England, stood groups of people (whom he had helped in one way or the other) to pay homage to him. Thousands of people hailing from all classes of society held a loft banners with the words that he had helped them in their hour of suffering substances of this type are many.
4. In India, Saints and sages throughout the ages have preached the gospel of service to the sick and the suffering, the distressed and the downtrodden. In every town in India, there are a few sympathizers to the suffering who pay the tuition fees of poor students, give them books and stationary, pay substance allowances to needy, widows and arrange their daughter’s marriages, give blankets in winter and umbrellas in monsoons. Added to them are many persons who have given up their everything for the service of humanity and join service organization.
Complete the following:-
1. According to the authors, real kindness is (i) ----------------- and (ii) ---------------
2. The life of a person is not in vain if ------------------------
3. The hospital staff could identify the elderly gentleman -----------------
Please click the below link to access CBSE Class 8 English Worksheet - SA2