CBSE Class 8 English Worksheet - Revision Worksheet (3). Revision worksheets, Sample papers, Question banks and easy to learn study notes for all classes and subjects based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. Students and parents can download free a collection of all study material issued by various best schools in India. The study material has been carefully compiled by the best teachers in India. The students should practice the questions database to get better marks in examination. Please refer to other links for free download of high quality study material. Based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. Based on the same pattern as released by CBSE every year. Study material for final/ term/ SA1/ SA2 Examinations conducted by various schools affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in India and abroad. CBSE Study material has been compiled to help students preparation which will helps the students to concentrate more in areas which carry more marks.
The worksheet is divided into three sections:
1. Read the passage given below and write the option that you consider the most appropriate in your answer sheets:
Many animals are able to communicate with each other very well – but none of them can talk as we do. That is, no animals use words. Birds cry out and make sounds that other birds understand. Smells, movements, and sounds are used for communication by animals, through which they express joy or anger or fear.
Human speech is a very complicated process, which no animal can perform. One reason is that in a very special way we use a whole series of organs to produce the sounds we want to make when we utter words. The way our vocal cords are made to vibrate, the way the throat, mouth and nasal cavities are adjusted, the way the lips, teeth, lower jaw, tongue, and palate are moved – just to make vowel and consonant sounds, is something animals can’t do. They cannot produce a whole series of words to make a sentence.
And there is another, perhaps more important reason why animals can’t talk. Words are only labels for objects, actions, feelings, expressions and ideas. For example, the word ‘bird’ is a label for a living, flying object. Other words describe its colour, shape, flying and singing. Still other words would be used to tell what the speaker thinks or feels about the bird or its actions.
For human beings, therefore, the use of words means the use of labels or symbols, and then organizing them in a certain way to communicate something. This requires a degree of intelligence and logical thinking that no animals have. So, they can’t talk the way people do.
A. Communication in animals is made through
a. smells, movements and sounds
b. smells, setting and flying
c. smells, sitting and running
d. smells, sitting and eating
B. The emotions which are expressed by birds are
a. joy, love, hate
b. joy, jealousy or zeal
c. joy, fear or anger
d. joy, cry or anger
C. Animals cannot talk like us as human speech is a
a. complete process
b. easy process
c. complex process
d. confused process
D. For using words properly human beings require
a. a degree of graduation
b. intelligence and logical thinking
c. logical thinking and vocal cords
d. logical thinking and imagination
E. The noun form of ‘communicate’ is
2. ABC Public School has been invited to present a program on POGO Channel in the popular program ‘Buds and Blossoms’. Ravina, the secretary is asked to write the notice in 50- 60 words for the school notice board inviting talented students to appear for selection for the different programs. Write a notice as Ravina the Cultural Activity Head.
3. Choose the correct options from the brackets and write them in the space provided.
1. Bulgaria is an ____________ (old/older) state found in 681.
2. Sofia is the __________ (largest/ most large) city in Bulgaria.
3. Of the two spa hotels,the Bankya Spa Palace is (friendlier/most friendly).
4. The Boyana Church is _________ (beautifully/most beautiful) church in Mount Vitosha near Sofia.
5. The Lom River is ___________ (shallow/shallower) than Iskar River.
4. Fill in the blanks with the correct form of the words given in the brackets.
1. When Carol (call) _________ last night, I (watch) __________ my favorite show on television.
2. I (work) __________ for this company for more than thirty years.
3. Sharon (love) ___________ to travel.
4. Thomas is an author who (write) mystery novels and travel memoirs.
5. We (eat) __________ a hearty meal.
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 8 English Worksheet - Revision Worksheet (3)