CBSE Class 6 English Practice Worksheets - Simple Present Tense - Practice worksheets for CBSE students. Prepared by teachers of the best CBSE schools in India.
CLASS VI ENGLISH
I. Complete the following proverbs using Simple Present Tense:
1. You can’t have your cake and _________ it too.
2. Slow and steady _________the race.
3. An empty vessel _________much noise.
4. Time and tide _________for none.
5. Only the wearer _________where the shoe _________.
6.. Charity _________ at home.
7. Barking dogs seldom _________.
II. Choose the correct verb and write it in the space provided:
1. The babies (cry/cries) for milk.
2. My book (is/are ) stolen by her.
3. Sam (cook/cooks) food for his friends.
4. Tina (drive/drives) a car on the road.
5. The artist (paint/paints) each picture lovingly.
6. Knowledge (show/shows ) the way to success.
7. She never (wear/wears) a hat.
8. I (get/gets) up early in the morning. ______________
9. Rita (play/ plays) with dolls. ______________
10. . We (make/makes) dolls in our spare time. ______________
III. Complete the following passages with correct form of verbs given in the bracket:
1. Once there ______ (live) a hare and a tortoise in the forest. The hare ______ (be) very proud of his swiftness. One day, he ______ (laugh) at the tortoise for his slow speed. The tortoise ______ (feel) small. He ______ (ask) the hare to run a race. The hare ______ (agree). They ______ (fix) a tree as the target.
2. A rocket ______ (burn) fuel that ______ (make) a great deal of gas at the back of the rocket. As it is made, this gas ______ (push) against the rocket and ______ (send) the rocket forward. Ordinary fuel ______ (burn) only in air because it ______ (need) the oxygen present in air.
IV. Fill in the blanks with the correct form of verb given in the bracket:
1. She always ______ (keep) her word.
2. She often ______ (forget) her purse.
3. Thousands of people ______ (lose) their lives in the cyclone.
4. He ______ (tour) India for a month last year.
5. I ______ (eat) what my sister eats.
6. She ______ (buy) a new shirt yesterday.
7. When ______ he ______ (return) from office?
8. Columbus ______ (discover) America.
9. My uncle ______ (buy) a new car last month.
10. I think it ______ (rain) tomorrow.
11. My father ______ (go) to his office every morning.
12. The sun ______ (shine) in the day and the stars ______ (shine) at night.
13. A thief ______ (break) into her garage last night.
14. They ______ (go) abroad on the coming Tuesday.
15. We ______ not ______ (play) the match in case it rains.
Students must free download and practice these worksheets to gain more marks in exams. CBSE Class 6 English Practice Worksheets - Simple Present Tense