CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Solid State (1). CBSE issues sample papers every year for students for class 12 board exams. Students should solve the CBSE issued sample papers to understand the pattern of the question paper which will come in class 12 board exams this year. The sample papers have been provided with marking scheme. It’s always recommended to practice as many CBSE sample papers as possible before the board examinations. Sample papers should be always practiced in examination condition at home or school and the student should show the answers to teachers for checking or compare with the answers provided. Students can download the sample papers in pdf format free and score better marks in examinations. Refer to other links too for latest sample papers.
II) Multiple choice questions.
1. Percentage of empty space in a body centre cubic arrangement is
a) 74 b) 32 c) 26 d) 68
2.The total no of tetrahedral voids in fcc is
a) 6 b) 8 c) 10 d) 12
3. Which of the following statement is/ are not true in the hexagonal close packing.
a) Packing efficiency 74% b) C.N=12
c) Tetrahedral voids of the second layer are covered by the spheres of the third layers.
d) Spheres of the fourth layer are exactly aligned with those of the first layer
4. In which pair most efficient packing is present.
a. hcp & bcc
b. bcc& ccp
c. hcp& ccp
d. bcc& simple cubic
5. In which of the arrangement octahedral voids are formed
d. simple cubic
III) FILL IN THE BLANKS
1. The C.N of each sphere in hcp is ----------- while that of bcc is __________.
2. An octrahedral void is ----------------times larger than a tetrahedral void.
3. ABAB… type of packing is called---------- where as ABCABC…type of packing is called fcc.
4. For bcc, r=31/2 a /4, then for fcc, r=---------.
Ans: I) a-4, b-1, c-3, d-2
Please click the link below to download full pdf file for CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Solid State (1).