CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Chemistry In Every Day Life. CBSE issues sample papers every year for students for class 12 board exams. Students should solve the CBSE issued sample papers to understand the pattern of the question paper which will come in class 12 board exams this year. The sample papers have been provided with marking scheme. It’s always recommended to practice as many CBSE sample papers as possible before the board examinations. Sample papers should be always practiced in examination condition at home or school and the student should show the answers to teachers for checking or compare with the answers provided. Students can download the sample papers in pdf format free and score better marks in examinations. Refer to other links too for latest sample papers.
ONE MARK QUESTIONS
1. Name one antioxidant commonly used to increase the storage life of butter.
2. State a reason for the following statement: The use of the sweetener aspartame is limited to cold food and drinks. (2012)
TWO MARK QUESTIONS
1. What are BHT and BHA? Give their uses and structures.
2. Explain the working of
a) drugs as enzyme inhibitors
b) noradrenaline as an antidepressant
3. a) Define Antihistamine with an example.(2014) b) Which one of the following drug is an antibiotic? Morphine, Equanil , Chloramphenicol , Aspirin
4. Cimetidine and Ranitidine are better antacids than magnesium and aluminium hydroxides. Explain.
5. Explain the cleansing action of soap. Why do soaps not work in hard water? (2012)
6. a) What class of drug is Ranitidine b) If water contains dissolved Ca2+ ions, out of soaps and synthetic detergents, which will you use for cleaning clothes? (2013)
THREE MARK QUESTIONS
1. Define the terms: a) Chemotherapy b) Allosteric Centre c) Tranquillizers
2. Name :
a) The constituents of dettol
b) A substance that can be used as antiseptic as well as disinfectant.
c) An abrasive in detergents.
3. Explain the following terms with one example in each case: (2012)
a) Food preservative
4.Differentiate giving examples:
a) Narrow and broad spectrum antibiotics
b) Bactericidal and bacteriostatic
c) Analgesic and antipyretic
5.a) Differentiate between disinfectant and an antiseptic. Give one example of each. b) What is tincture of iodine and what is it used for? (2011)
1.Seeing the growing cases of diabetes and depression among youngchildren, Mr. Lugani, the principal of one reputed school organized aseminar in which he invited parents and principals. They all resolvedthis issue by strictly banning junk food in schools and introducinghealthy snacks and drinks like soup, lassi, milk, etc. in school canteens.They also decided to make compulsory half an hour of daily physicalactivities for the students in the morning assembly. After six months, Mr. Lugani conducted the health survey in most of the schools anddiscovered a tremendous improvement in the health of the students. After reading the above passage, answer the following questions :
a) What are the values (at least two) displayed by Mr. Lugani?
b) As a student, how can you spread awareness about this issue?
c) What are antidepressant drugs? Give an example.
d) Name the sweetening agent used in the preparation of sweets for a diabetic patient.(2015)
Please click the link below to download full pdf file for CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Chemistry In Every Day Life.