CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Chemistry In Every Day Life (2). CBSE issues sample papers every year for students for class 12 board exams. Students should solve the CBSE issued sample papers to understand the pattern of the question paper which will come in class 12 board exams this year. The sample papers have been provided with marking scheme. It’s always recommended to practice as many CBSE sample papers as possible before the board examinations. Sample papers should be always practiced in examination condition at home or school and the student should show the answers to teachers for checking or compare with the answers provided. Students can download the sample papers in pdf format free and score better marks in examinations. Refer to other links too for latest sample papers.
Chapter 16. Chemistry in everyday life
Section A (One Mark Question)
1. Name a drug which is an analgesic and antipyretic?
2. Elucidate the structural differences between biodegradable and non- bio degradable detergent?
A:Biodegradable detergents have straight chains Eg:sodium dodecyl benzene
sulphonate.Nonbiodegradable detergents have branched chains Eg:sodium(1,3,5,7- tetramethyloctyl)benzene sulphonate.
3. Why are ranitidine and cimetidine better antacids than sodium bicarbonate? A:Sodium
bicarbonate if taken in excess makes the stomach alkaline and thus more HCl is released which causes ulcers.
Whereas ranitidine prevent the interaction of histamineinthe stomach wall and thus lesser release of HCl.
4. Though saccharin is 550 times sweeter than sugar it is used as a sweetening agent by diabetic patient. Why?
A:as it is eliminated in urine and provide less calorie.
5. Distinguish between drugs and medicine.
A:Drugs have addictive action but medicine is not addictive in nature.
6. If water contains (CaHCO3)2,out of soap and detergent which one will you choose for cleaning clothes.?
A:Calcium ion forms scum, hence detergents are preferred.
7. Why cationic detergent has limited use?
A:they are quarternary ammonium salts of amines with acetates, chlorides, bromides. As they have germicidal properties and are expensive so are of limited use.
8. While antacids and antiallergic drugs interfere with the function of histamine. Why do not interfere with the function of each other?Explain.
A:As they work on different receptors .eg release of histamine causes allergy and also causes acidity due to release of HCl.But antihistamine removes allergy while antacids remove acidic.
9. Aspirin helps in prevention of heart attack.
A:Dueto its anti-blood clotting action.
10. Give One example of drugs used as antiseptics and disinfectants.?
A: 0.2% solution of phenol is an antiseptic while its one % solution disinfectant.
Please click the link below to download full pdf file for CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Chemistry In Every Day Life (2).