NCERT Solutions for Class 5 English Marigold Poem 8 Nobodys Friend
1. What are the things the girl does not want to share?
Ans. The girl does not want to share her book, sweets and doll.
2. Did the boy share his toffee and tricycle with others?
Ans. No, the boy did not share his toffee and tricycle with other.
3. Why are the two children nobody’s friends?
Ans. The two children are nobody’s friends because they do not share their wings with anybody.
4. What does the child in the last stanza want to share?
Ans. The child in the last stanza wants to share his cake, games, ball, apple and books with others.
5. Do you like to share your favourite food or toys with others? Why?
Ans. Yes, I like to share my favourite food and toys with others if they are my friends.
6. Who is your best friend? Can you describe him/her?
Ans. Manoj is my best friend. He is a good boy. He likes to share everything with me. We eat and play together which was available that line.
7. Suppose you and your friends were very thirsty and there was only one glass of water. What would you do?
Ans. We shall drink half of a glass each.
8. If you had a bat, could you play cricket by yourself?
Ans. No, I cannot play cricket by myself. I must have some friends to play with.
9. Can you find more words ending with less?
Friendless, homeless, ___________
Ans. Careless, Superless, motherless, hopeless, wireless.
10. Can you write the opposite of
(i) lend b_____w.
(w) no body s _____y.
Ans. Borrow, somebody.
11. Several words mean no. The word never is one. It means at no time or not ever. Here are some other no words read them.
Nobody, no, nowhere, no one, none, nothing
Read the given sentences and underline the no word in each.
Ans. (i) Nobody is at home.
(ii) Ram has no book.
(iii) Can no one help him?
(iv) Was Gopal nowhere around?
(v) None of the two boys came.
(vi) There is nothing to do.
(vii) I have no coat.
(viii) Radha is never late.
12. Say Aloud.
Ans. (i) Nobody