NCERT Solutions for Class 5 English Marigold Poem 4 Crying
1. According to the poet, should you cry a little or should you cry a lot?
Ans. According to the poet, we should cry a lot.
2. What can you do after crying a lot.
Ans. We can go park with our friends.
3. Read the first two lines of the poem. What is the mood.
Happy? Sad? Angry? Jealous? Upset?
4. In the first few lines the mood of the poet has changed. What is it now?
Very happy, angry, cheerful, sad, jealous
Ans. Very happy.
5. Are these sentences right or wrong?
(a) The poet says you must not cry much.
(b) The poet says that you should cry till your pillow is soaked.
(c) The poet says that after crying you should open the window and laugh so that people will see that you are happy.
(d) The poet says that you should open the window and show people that you are crying.
6. Where do you cry? What are the things that make you cry?
Ans. I cry a lonely place. I cry when I am hurt.
7. Can you cry when you are happy?
Ans. Yes, sometimes I can cry when I am very happy.
8. Which are the things that make you happy? In what ways do you show your happiness?
Ans. I feel happy when I get what I desire at such situation. I laugh and get excited about my happiness.
9. Fill in the blanks with the exact feeling word.
(a) The tourists were ____ to see the beautiful Taj Mahal. (amazed, shocked, worried)
(b) The lights went out suddenly. I was alone and ____. (worried, shocked, worried)
(c) He has been ill for a long time and his parent were ____. (unhappy, worried, angry).
(d) The shopkeeper was ____ when he saw his safe wide open with all his safe wide open with all his money missing. (unhappy, shocked, angry).
10. Narrate an incident when you have experienced happiness, excitement, surprise. You can use the following clues.
With whom… When did it happen…
Ans. Last year I went to Zoo with my parents. There was very exciting situation when I was in the rope way. At that time, I was very happy and frightened. I enjoyed it very much. I cannot forget this incident.