NCERT Solutions for Class 5 English Marigold Chapter 10 Who will be Ningthou
1. Name the place in Manipur where the Ningthou and Leima ruled.
Ans. Ningthou and Leima ruled in the land of Kangleipak in Manipur.
2. Why did the people of Kangleipak love their king and queen.
Ans. The people of Kangleipak loved their king and queen because they loved the people and always thought of making them happy.
3. Why did Ningthou want to choose a future king?
Ans. Ningthou wanted to choose a future king because the king was growing old.
4. How did the king want to select their future king?
Ans. The king did not want to follow the old custom. He wanted to choose the future king by holding a contest. He wanted to see who was worthy of being the future king.
5. What kind of child was Sanatombi?
Ans. Sanatombi was soft and beautiful from inside. She could feel the pain of others, like animals, trees, birds and people.
6. Have you ever seen an animal or a bird in pain? What did you do?
Ans. Once a little parrot fell in the yard of my house. I saw someone had tied its legs with a string. It had escaped but could not sit or fly any more. I picked it up. I cut the string with a razor very carefully. Then I released it. It flew away immediately.
7. Where is Manipur on the map of India?
Ans. Manipur is in the north-eastern part of India on the border of Myanmar.
8. What language do the people of Manipur speak?
9. Who do you think should have been made the future king?
(i) Sanajaoba, the one who jumped through the tree.
(ii) Sanayaima, the one who jumped over the tree.
(iii) Sanatomba, the one who uprooted the tree.
Why do you think so?
Ans. I think so because he was brave. He completed and won the contest.
10. Who was made the future queen and why?
Ans. Sanatombi was made the future queen because she could feel the pain of not only human out of birds, animals and trees also.
11. Write the meanings of the following in English.
(i) Tunggi Ningthou
Ans. Future king.
(ii) Thouro! Thouro!
Ans. Bravo! Bravo!
(iii) Phajei! Phajei!
Ans. Wonderful! Wonderful!
(iv) Shagol thauba nupa!
Ans. Such fine horse men.
12. Read the lesson carefully and put a circle around all the action words with -ed at the end. Then write them in one column and their present form in another.
13. Make a list of the action words from this story.
-ed action words
Irregular action words