NCERT Solutions for Class 4 English Marigold for Poem 6 I Had a Little Pony
1. Another word for wallop is … Would the child hit the donkey?
Ans.Another word for wallop is lashed. No, the child wouldn’t hit the donkey.
2. What would the child give the donkey?
Ans.The child would give hay and corn to the donkey.
3. What is a pony?
Ans.The pony is a baby horse.
4. What did the lady do to the pony?
Ans.The lady whipped and lashed the pony.
5. What did the child decide to do?
Ans.The child decided to never lend the pony to the lady again.
6. Have you seen people beating animals? What do you think of such people?
Ans.Yes, I have seen people beating animals. I think that they are heartless. They do not understand that animals cannot speak and express their feelings.
7. Do you ever tease animals? Do you think that you should be kind to them?
Ans.No, I never tease animals. I think that everyone should be kind to them.
8. Stable – Where we can find a stable?
Ans.Stable can be found in a village.
9. Name all the animals that live in a stable.
Ans.Horses and mares live in a stable.
10. Make two words from ‘stable’ by removing letters from the beginning.
Ans.(i) Table, (ii) Able.
11. Write a paragraph about your pet or an animal you love.
Ans.I have a pet parrot. Its name is Ganga Ram. The parrot eats vegetables, green chillies, grains, fresh fruits, and bread. Every morning I put fresh water and some grains or fruits in its cage. Ganga Ram love choori. It keeps repeating ‘Ram Ram’ the whole day. I enjoy watching it eat, drink, dance and speak.