NCERT Solutions for Class 4 English Marigold for Poem 3 Run
1. What does the poem tell us to do?
Ans.The poem tell us to run and to remain happy throughout the day.
2. Write about the places where the poet wants us to run.
Ans.The poet wants us to run- (i) away from the city, (ii) into the sun, (iii) towards the country, (iv) in the raindrops, (v) underneath the trees, (vi) down the hillside, (vii) through the meadow.
3. Do you like to play and run about? Why?
Ans.Yes, I like to play and run about. It gives me joy and the feeling of togetherness with my friends. It is also good for health.
4. Running is a very good exercise. Name any three games that you play in which you have to run.
Ans.Cricket, football and race.
5. When you run fast, what do you feel is happening in your body?
Ans.When I run fast, I feel my breathing has become fast and my heartbeat have increased.
6. Some letters are missing in each word, write “ee”, “ea” in each words.
Ans.(i) trees, (ii) sleep, (iii) please, (iv) beep, (v) tease, (vi) feet, (vii) teach, (viii) meet.
7. Answer the questions by looking at picture on page no. 43 of the textbook.
Example: What is happening in picture 5? The girl is diving into the water.
(i) What is Mohan practicing in picture 4?
Ans.He is practising of high jump.
(ii) What are Anil and his friends pulling in picture 3?
Ans.Anil and his friends are pulling a rope.
(iii) Where are the boats racing in picture 2?
Ans.The bouts are racing in the water.
(iv) What are the boys doing in picture 1?
Ans.The boys are running a race.
(v) What are the girls doing a picture 6?
Ans.They are swimming.
8. Now make one more question for each picture. Write the question in the space below each picture. Use how many, what are, where are/is, how, why, to make questions.
Ans.(i) Picture 1: How many boys are running in the race?
(ii) Picture 2: How many boats are there in the picture?
(iii) Picture 3: Where are Anil and his friends pulling the rope?
(iv) Picture 4: What is the number on Mohan’s shirt?
(v) Picture 5: Who is looking at the girl?
(vi) Picture 6: Where are the girls swimming?