NCERT Solutions for Class 4 English Marigold for Poem 1 Wake up
1. What do you think birds say to each other in the morning?
Ans.I think birds say “Good morning” to each other in the morning.
2. Who are already awake?
Ans.Birds, bees, cow, horses, ducks, sheep and chicken are already awake.
3. Which creatures wake up in the morning before the child does?
Ans.Birds, bees, cows, horses, ducks, sheep and chicken.
4. Imagine that a cow, a horse, a duck and a chicken are meeting for a morning meal. What would they say to one another? Talk about it.
Ans.(i) They would greet each other.
(ii) They would talk about the last night’s sleep.
(iii) They would talk about the pleasant morning.
(iv) They would talk about the morning meal.
5. Connect the pair of sentences below using ‘and’ or ‘but’.
(i) (a) It is time to get up for school.
(b) I want to sleep for some more time.
Ans.It is time to get up for school but I want to sleep for some more time.
(ii) (a) Sheila got some chocolates for her birthday.
(b) She got some new clothes too.
Ans.Sheila got some chocolates for her birthday and new clothes for her birthday.
(iii) (a) Everyone has gone to sleep.
(b) I want to read my book.
Ans.Everyone has gone to sleep but I want to read my book.
(iv) (a) Raju plays cricket.
(b) He also plays hockey.
Ans.Raju plays cricket and hockey.
6. Fill in the blanks according to the example given below: