NCERT Solutions for Class 4 English Marigold for Chapter 9 Going to buy a Book
1. Why did the grandfather give the children money?
Ans.The grandfather gave the children money to buy books.
2. Where did they go to buy books?
Ans.They went to a small bookshop to buy books.
3. Did the girl buy a picture book?
Ans.No, the girl did not buy a picture book. She bought a story book.
4. Now fill in the describing words into the passage below:
Ans.It wasdarktonight. ALittleGirl sat up in bed listening to her mother tell a Fairy story. HerSmalleyes opened wide and she gave aBigsmile. “Now, go Sleep, Paro,” her mother closed the book. “Sweetdreams.”
5. Imagine that you will go to the bookshop tomorrow. What will you do there? Write five sentences beginning with:
Ans.(i) I shall select the books that I would like to buy.
(ii) I shall pick up the books of my interest.
(iii) I shall ask for the children’s section.
(iv) I shall open a few books and go through them.
(v) I shall pay for the selected books and bring them home to read them thoroughly.