NCERT Solutions for Class 4 English Marigold for Chapter 6 The Milkmans Cow
1. Why did the cow refuse to get up?
Ans.The cow was not feeling well and so was not in a mood to get up that day.
2. Name those tried to make the cow move.
Ans.The milkman, policeman, grocer, wrestler and ice-cream man tried to make the cow move.
3. Who finally made the cow get up and how?
Ans.The little boy offered green grass to the cow. She chewed it. The clever boy began to move to the side of the road with grass in his hand. The cow followed him and thus was moved.
4. We can make people do more things with kindness than with cruelty or force. Do you agree? What do you think? Tell the class about a time when you were kind to an animal.
Ans.I agree with the statement – “We can make people do more things with kindness than with cruelty or force.” I think it is the best way to get any work done.
5. Do you do an action always in the same way?
(a) How do you talk to visitors?
Ans.I talk humbly and politely, in a cultured manner, when I talk to visitors.
(b) How do you talk to your friends in the playground?
Ans.I talk emphatically and playfully with my friends in the playground.
(c) How do you talk to your teacher in the class?
Ans.I talk very respectfully to my teacher in the class.
6. Fill in the blanks using the words given at the end of the sentences.
(a) Insects ____ crawl on the wall. (can/cannot)
(b) The grocer was ____ to move the cow. (able/unable)
(c) It was ____ for the boy to make the cow get up. (easy/difficulty).
(d) Children ____ walk on their heads. (can/cannot)
(e) Sometimes love and kindness many ____ where force will ____ (succeeded/fail).
(f) We should be ____ to animals. (kind/cruel).
7. From the story ‘The Milkman’s Cow’, find the simple past tense of the action words given below and write them in the blanks.
Simple Present Tense
Simple Past Tense
8. Complete what is missing in these drawings. What work do these men or women do?
Ans.(i) A milkman sells, cow’s milk.
(ii) A grocer sells food and domestic items.
(iii) A policeman whistles and catches thieves and burglars.
(iv) An ice-cream man sell ice-cream.
(v) A wrestler wrestles with each other.