NCERT Solutions for Class 4 English Marigold for Chapter 10 Pinocchho
1. What did the carpenter buy?
Ans.The carpenter bought a piece of wood.
2. What did he make out of it?
Ans.He made a speaking puppet out of it.
3. What did he call his puppet?
Ans.He called it “Pinocchio”.
4. What did Pinocchio say in the end?
Ans.In the end Pinocchio said, “I’m glad to be a real boy. I’ll never tell a lie again.”
5. How many words can you make from PINOCCHIO?
Ans.Pin, hop, chip, chin, chop, hip, cop, nip, hoop, on, no.
6. Make opposites with the words.
7. Making naming words by using ness, ity, ty at the end of the words given below.
8. Which of the following would you expect a carpenter to use at work?
Bench, poker, plane, chisel, fork, spade, blotting paper, lawn-mower, telescope, pincers, jaw, scissors, hammer, map, nails, lathe, pencil, anvil
Ans.Bench, plate, chisel, spade, hammer, nails, pencil, lathe.
9. Now make sentences using some of the above words.
Ans.(i) People eat with knife and fork at statement.
(ii) The courtyard in my house is plane.
(iii) Scissors are used to cut paper hair and ribbon.
(iv) Telescope is used to see distant objects.
(v) I love to sit on a bench in the park.
10. Give another word from the story that means:
Make up your mind
11. Add ‘er’ or ‘r’ to the doing words below to make new words.
12. Why did the animals think that the jackal was a king?
Ans.The animals thought that the jackal was a king because he was looking in blue colour, just like a king, as he proclaimed himself to be one.
13. How did the jackal become blue?
Ans.The jackal become blue because he jumped into a big tub of blue dye.
14. What did the animals do when they saw the blue jackal?
Ans.All the animals believed the blue jackal to be the king and bowed before him when they saw him.
15. Why did the dogs feel scared when they saw the jackal?
Ans.The dogs felt scared when they saw the jackal because he was looking frightening in the blue colour.
16. How did the animal know that the king was just a jackal?
Ans.One day, at the middle of the full moon night, all the jackals were howling. The blue jackal forgot that he was a king and began to howl. Due to this, other animals came to know that the king was just a jackal.
17. Say Aloud.