NCERT Solutions for Class 3 English for Poem 8 Whats in the Mailbox
1. Who does the postman bring letters for?
Ans.The postman brings letters for the child’s mom and dad.
2. Does the child ever get a letter?
Ans.The child never gets a letter.
3. What does the child decide to do?
Ans.The child decide to write letters to his friends.
4. Have you written letters?
Ans.Yes, I have written letters.
5. Who have you written to?
Ans.I have written letters to my friends.
6. Who would you like to write to today? How?
Ans.I would like to write to my grandfather today because day after tomorrow is his birthday.
7. Now write a letter to your friend, telling his about your school. You can use some of these words: classroom, children, bell, blackboard, teacher building.
Ans.H. No 509
Delhi – 110077
25 April, 2010
Today I am going to tell you about my school. My school has a very big building. It has 2000 children and 35 classrooms. In every classrooms, there is a blackboard. In my school, there are 45 teachers. They are well qualified and teach us very nicely.
I like my school very much.
8. Here are some people who help us. Let us try matching.
Ans.(i) A postman brings our letters.
(ii) A cobbler mends our shoes.
(iii) A librarian works in a library.
(iv) A driver drives a motor vehicle.
(v) A dramatist writes play.
(vi) A teacher teaches in a school.
(vii) A nurse looks after patients.
(viii) A musician plays musical instruments.
(ix) An astronaut travels in a space craft.
(x) A clown makes people laugh.