NCERT Solutions for Class 3 English for Poem 7 Puppy and I
1. Who is I in the poem?
Ans.“I” is the poet, a small child, in the poem.
2. Where is the man going?
Ans.The man was going down the village to get some bread.
3. Why didn’t the child go with the horse?
Ans.The child didn’t go with the horse because the horse was going in the village to get some hay.
4. Why did the child go with the puppy?
Ans.The child wanted to play and the puppy was going to play. So the child went with the puppy.
5. Do you have a pet?
6. Talk about the three things that you and your pet do together.
Ans.(i) We play football together.
(ii) We see TV together.
(iii) We sleep in a same room.
7. How do you look after your pet? Tell the class in your own language and then in English.
Ans.My cat’s name is Katty. I make bathe my cat Katty daily. I play with Katty in the garden.
8. Say Aloud.
9. Match the animals with their sounds.
10. List these animals under domestic animals and wild animals.
11. Fill in the blanks with rhyming words.
Ans.Hill – Bill – Pill
Hay – Gay – Day
Fine – Dine – Line
Get – Set – Met
Going – Snowing – Roaring
Hare – Care – Dare
12. Choose the right words.
Ans.(i) Bruno is my pet.
(ii) He breaks his dish.
(iii) Daddy gives him milk.
(iv) Mummy gives him a new dish.
(v) Bruno is now happy.