NCERT Solutions for Class 3 English for Poem 5 The Balloon man
1. Where does the balloon man stand?
Answer. The balloon man stand at the square of the market.
2. What happens to the balloons when there is a wind?
Answer. The balloons tug here and there when there is a wind.
3. What does the child like to see the balloon man do?
Answer. The child wants the balloon man to let choose the balloons in the air. He want to see them flying high in the sky.
4. How high can balloons can fly?
Answer. Balloons can fly very high depending upon their size.
5. What do you like about this poem?
Answer. This poem tells us about the various types of balloons.
6. Identify the words from the jumbled and write the word in the space provided.
7. Put the words given in the box in the following groups.
Answer. (a) Nature: Sky, wind, grass
(b) Food: Turnip, pineapple, rice
(c) Colours: Purple, Green, White, Yellow
8. How many colours can you find hidden in the maze? Write their names below.
White, Red, Green, Yellow, Blue, Brown, Violet, Black, Orange, Purple, Pink.
9. Fill in the blanks with their opposites. You can find them in the poem “The Balloon Man”.
10. Say Aloud.
Answer. (i) String