NCERT Solutions for Class 3 English for Poem 4 Sea Song
1. Where did the child find the sea shell?
Answer. The child found the sea shell on the sand.
2. What did the child do with the shell?
Answer. The child took the shell to his home.
3. What did the child hear?
Answer. The child heard a sweet, clear song from the shell.
4. Pick the rhyming words from this box and pair them in the spaces below. The first one has been done for you.
Answer. (i) found – sound
(ii) cold – bold
(iii) took – look
(iv) sand – hand
(v) mummy – tummy
5. Fill in the blanks with the opposite word choosing from the box below:
6. Choose the right words:
(a) The sea is very, very ____ (big/far).
(b) You cannot ____ (hear/see) the other side.
(c) You ____ (can/cannot) cross the sea.
(d) You can cross it in a ____ (bus/ship).
7. Match the phrases with the picture.
(a) A bird singing.
(b) A cow mooing
(c) A phone ringing
(d) A dog barking
(e) A cock crowing