NCERT Solutions for Class 3 English for Poem 2 Bird Talk
1. Name the two birds in the poem.
Answer. The two birds in the poem are robin and jay.
2. What are the three things that people can’t do?
Answer. The people can’t grow wings, eat beetles, or sit on wires and other things.
3. What do birds thinks of people?
Answer. Birds think people are so funny.
4. Imagine what two elephants would say to each other about people. Let them talk about.
(a) What people look like?
Answer. Elephant 1: Look at that man’s nose.
Elephant 2: See how small it is!
(b) What they eat?
Answer. Elephant 1: Do you know what they eat?
Elephant 2: I don’t know, It’s strange they don’t eat grass, bamboo.
(c) How they walk?
Answer. Elephant 1: Look how those men are walking.
Elephant 2: Yes, they can’t walk on four legs.
5. Let’s find two things which you can do and the birds can’t do. Tell the class.
Answer. (i) We can read books and write but birds can’t.
(ii) We can drive cars and scooters but birds can’t.
6. Listen to the sounds of the birds. Make a list of these words.
For example: Chirp, Chirp, Chirp: Sparrow.
Answer. Koo, Koo, Koo: Koel.
Caw, Caw, Caw: Crow.
7. Now write four sentences on birds using the following words. Nest, water, chirp, fly, sky, wings.
Answer. (i) Birds make their nest on the trees.
(ii) Birds have wings to fly in the sky.
(iii) Birds make a sound – chirp, chirp.
(iv) Birds drink water with their beak.
8. Write words that rhyme with the words given below. The first one has been done for you.
Grow Know Throw
Answer. Day Bay Gay
Think Brink Pink
Funny Bunny Money
Eat Greet Meet
Sing Wing King
9. Say aloud:
Answer. (i) Think