NCERT Solutions for Class 3 English for Poem 10 How creature move
1. Underline all action words in the poem.
2. Why do boys and girls have the most fun?
Answer. Boys and girls have the most fun because they can leap, dance, walk and run.
3. Match the words in Column A with those in Column B.
4. Now make sentences of your own using the matching words.
Answer. (i) Lions – walk: Lion is the king of the forest. He walked on padded paws.
(ii) Squirrels – leap: I have a pet squirrel who leaps from one place to another.
(iii) Flies – crawl: Flies crawl from one place to another so we should keep our food covered.
(iv) Seals – dive: Seals dive into the river and catch fishes.
(v) Worms – wiggle: Worms wiggle on dirty and untidy place.
(vi) Monkey – swing: In the zoo, I saw monkeys swinging on the branches of the trees.
(vii) Birds – hop: I like birds hoping form one place to another. I also want to hop like birds.
5. Arrange these movement words from slow to fast.
Run, walk, hop, crawl.
Answer. Crawl, hop, walk, run.
6. Underline the letters which are silent in the following words:
Walk, straight, more, caught, calm, talk
Answer. Walk, Straight, More, Caught, Calm, Talk.
7. Say Aloud.
Answer. (i) Squirrel
8. What do you do when you are bored?
Answer. I see TV or Magazine.