NCERT Solutions for Class 3 English for Chapter 9 He is my Brother
1. Where were the people going?
Answer. The people were going to a holy place.
2. What did the man say to Meena?
Answer. The man said that why was the carrying the boy on her back. Wasn’t she feeling the load.
3. Why do you think Meena was carrying her brother?
Answer. Meena’s brother was very small and he was not able to walk on the hill.
4. What went up the hill?
Answer. A path.
5. What is the name of the girl in the story?
6. How old was Meena?
7. How old was Meena’s brother?
Answer. Four-year old was Meena’s brother.
8. Fill in the blanks.
Answer. (i) The boy fell in the pit.
(ii) I sip hot milk.
(iii) The kid is in the rug.
(iv) My toy is in the box.
(v) The lion is in the den.
(vi) This cat runs after the rat.
(vii) I sit on the cot.
9. Fill in the blanks with the opposite of the underlined word given in the sentence.
Answer. (i) The ran run in when the cat run out.
(ii) The lion is big but the ant is small.
(iii) The giraffe has a long neck but owls are short.
(iv) The sun appears in the day and the moon at night.
(v) The tea is hot but the winter is cold.
(vi) Trees are tall but the bushes are short.
(vii) Ram was sad but Radha was happy.
10. What are the difficulties that a child who can’t see will face?
Answer. He will not be able to walk alone, watch television.
11. Would you help a child who can’t walk to school?
Answer. Yes, I would help that child.
12. How can you help such a child and make the child feel one of you?
Answer. I shall hold his hand to go school and develop his self-confidence to make such feelings.