NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Social Science Civics for chapter 8 Challenges to Democracy
Q1. (Write your name here) 's definition of good democracy (not more than 50 words):
A good democracy is where every section of the society is represented. There should be seats in the legislature for women, backward castes and religious/linguistic minorities. People must get a meaningful choice to choose from during elections. The exercise of this choice must lead to a government limited by basic rules of constitution and citizens' rights.
Features (use only as many points as you want. Try to compress it in as few points as possible)
1. All adults irrespective of caste, religion, language, sex, social and economic status should have the right to vote or contest in elections.
2. Democracy should not be the brute rule of majority. Respect for minority voice is necessary.
3. The democracy should offer some social and economic rights to the citizens.
4. Power sharing between social groups and the government should be the spirit of democracy.
5. Voters should get a meaningful choice.