CBSE Class 10 Social Science Sample Paper 2013-14 (17). Based on CBSE and NCERT guidelines. The students should practice these Question Papers to gain perfection which will help him to get more marks in CBSE examination. Please refer to more CBSE Class 10 question papers in other links. The CBSE Question papers are prepared based on trend in past examinations and expected questions in CBSE exams. Its always recommended by CBSE to practice the papers released by CBSE to get better exams in CBSE exams. CBSE Last Year Question Papers for class 10 for final/ term/ SA1/ SA2 Examinations conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education for all CBSE affiliated schools in India and abroad. Please refer to more CBSE Class X sample papers, question papers, HOTs etc in other links.
Highlights of the Question Paper
1. There are 5 folllowing prescribed textbooks in Social Science for class X.
Unit (1) : India and the Contemporary World - II (History) Published by N.C.E.R.T. (T.B.1)
Unit (2) : Contemporary India II (Geography) Published by N.C.E.R.T. (T.B. 2)
Unit (3) : Democratic Politics II (Pol.Sc) - Published by N.C.E.R.T. (T.B. 3)
Unit (4) : Understanding Economic Development II - Published by N.C.E.R.T. (T.B. 4)
Unit (5) : Together Towards A Safer India - Part III, a text book on Disaster Management for
Class - X - Published by CBSE (T.B. 5) (For Project Work and Assignment only. No question is to be set in the question paper on Disaster Management Unit).
2. There will be 29 questions including 1 map question from Unit 1 and Unit 2.
3. (a) Question No. 29 will be the map question from Unit 1 for 2 marks and from Unit 2 for 4 marks.
(b) For map question, list of map items is already given after the design at Sl. No. 7.
(c) Question No. 29 on map will have a choice between identification and location and labelling. Each option will have 6 items (2 from History and 4 from Geography).
4. Question papers are to be set according to the design of the question paper.
5. The following topics will remain deleted in Contemporary India (Geography) Part II:
(i) Chapter 4 - Following Sub-topics : - Food security (page 44) and Impact of Globalization on Agriculture. (page 46)
(ii) In Political Science textbook, questions will not be asked from “Do it yourself exercises“ given on pages 103 to 107.
6. Content of question papers and their marking schemes (Including outline of answers) should adhere to the textbooks stated above.
7. A new type of question has been introduced in Social Science for Class X. This includes :
(i) One question from source based boxes (i.e. boxes labelled as source A, B, ...) given in the History textbook. The alternate within such a question (if given) will also be from source based box.
(ii) One question on interpretation of any data, diagram and maps given in the other text books.
8. No question on pictures and cartoons given in textbooks of units 1 to 4 stated above will be asked.
9. Question paper will contain 20% questions (16 marks) of higher order thinking / ability (H.O.T. questions).
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 10 Social Science Sample Paper 2013-14 (17)