Read and download free pdf of CBSE Class 10 Mathematics Surface Area And Volume Worksheet Set D. Students and teachers of Class 10 Mathematics can get free printable Worksheets for Class 10 Mathematics Chapter 13 Surface Area and Volume in PDF format prepared as per the latest syllabus and examination pattern in your schools. Class 10 students should practice questions and answers given here for Mathematics in Class 10 which will help them to improve your knowledge of all important chapters and its topics. Students should also download free pdf of Class 10 Mathematics Worksheets prepared by school teachers as per the latest NCERT, CBSE, KVS books and syllabus issued this academic year and solve important problems with solutions on daily basis to get more score in school exams and tests
Worksheet for Class 10 Mathematics Chapter 13 Surface Area and Volume
Class 10 Mathematics students should refer to the following printable worksheet in Pdf for Chapter 13 Surface Area and Volume in Class 10. This test paper with questions and answers for Class 10 will be very useful for exams and help you to score good marks
Class 10 Mathematics Worksheet for Chapter 13 Surface Area and Volume
CBSE Class 10 Surface Area and Volume (4). Students can download these worksheets and practice them. This will help them to get better marks in examinations. Also refer to other worksheets for the same chapter and other subjects too. Use them for better understanding of the subjects.
SURFACE AREAS AND VOLUME
Section A (1 mark each)
1. The radius of a sphere is r cm. It is divided into two equal parts. Find the whole surface of the two parts.
(6r2 cm2 - Board 2012) (HOTS)
2. 12 solid spheres of the same size are made by melting a solid metallic cylinder of base radius 1cm and
of 48cm. Find the radius of each sphere. (1cm– Board 2012)
3. If the radius of the base of a right circular cylinder is halved, keeping the height same, find the ratio of the
volume of the reduced cylinder to that of original cylinder. (1 : 4 - Board 2012) (HOTS)
4. Three cubes of iron whose edges are 3cm, 4cm and 5cm, respectively are melted and formed into a single
cube. Find the edge of the new cube so formed. (6cm - Board 2013)
5. Volumes of two spheres are in the ratio 64 : 27. Find the ratio of their surface areas.
(16 : 9 - Board 2013)
Section B (2 marks each)
6. A hemispherical bowl of internal radius 9cm is full with a liquid. This liquid is to be filled into cylindrical
shaped bottles of diameter 3cm and height 4cm. How many bottles are necessary to empty the bowl?
(54 - Board 2012)
A cylindrical tank has a capacity of 6160cm. Find its depth if its radius is 14m. Also calculate the cost of
painting its curved surface (outer) at a rate of ₹ 3 per m2. (Depth=5m; Cost= ₹ 1320 - Board 2012)
8. A glass cylinder with diameter 20cm has water to a height of 9cm. A metal cube of 8cm edge is immersed
in it completely. Calculate the height by which water will rise in the cylinder. (1.62cm – Board 2012)
9. If a wire is bent into the shape of a square, then the area enclosed by the square is 81cm2. When the same
wire is bent into a semi-circular shape, find the area enclosed by the semi-circle. (77cm2 – Board 2014)
10. Find the volume (in cm3) of the largest right circular cone that can be cut off from a cube of edge 4.2cm.
(19.4cm3– Board 2014)
Section C (3 marks each)
11. The circumference of the base of a conical tent is 44m. If the height of tent is 24m, find the length of the
canvas used in making the tent, if the width of the canvas is 2m. (use = 22/7) (275m - Board 2013)
12. A spherical shell of lead whose external and internal diameters are 24cm and 18cm respectively is melted
and recast into a right circular cylinder 37cm high. Find the radius of the base of the cylinder.
(6cm - Board 2013)
13. A rectangular sheet of paper of dimensions 44cm X 18cm is rolled along its length and a cylinder is
formed. Find the volume of the cylinder so formed. (use = 22/7)
14. Find the volume of the largest solid right circular cone that can be cut out of a solid cube of side 14cm.
(719cm3 - Board 2014)
15. A solid right circular cylinder has a total surface of 462 sq. cm. Its curved surface area is one-third of its
total surface area. Find the volume of the cylinder. (539 cm3 - Board 2014)(HOTS)
Section D (4 marks each)
16. Water is flowing through a cylindrical pipe, of internal diameter 2cm, into a cylindrical tank of base radius
40cm, at the rate of 0.4 m/s. Determine the rise in level of water in the tank in half an hour.
(4.5 cm - Board 2013)
17. A bucket open at the top and made up of a metal sheet is in the form of a frustum of a cone. The depth of
the bucket is 24cm and the diameters of its upper and lower circular ends are 30cm and 10 cm
respectively. Find the cost of metal sheet used in it at the rate of ₹ 10 per 100cm2.(use 3.14)
(₹ 171.13 - Board 2013)
18. A bucket is in the form of a frustum of a cone whose radii of the bottom and the top are 7cm and 28cm
respectively. If the capacity of the bucket is 21560 cm3, find the whole surface area of the bucket.
(3344cm2 - Board 2014)
19. Water is flowing at the rate of 15km/hr through a cylindrical pipe of diameter 14cm into a cuboidal pond
which 50m long and 44m wide. In what time the level of water in pond rise by 21cm?
(2hrs. - Board 2012)
20. A right angled triangle, whose sides are 3cm, 4cm, and 5cm, is revolved about the longest side. Find the
surface area of the figure (double cone) obtained. (52.8cm2 - Board 2012)(HOTS)
21. A hollow cone is cut by a plane parallel to the base and the upper portion is removed. If the curved
surface of the remainder is
of the curved surface of the whole cone, find the ratio of the line segments
in which the altitude of the cone is divided by the plane. (1 : 2 - Board 2004)(EXEMPLAR)
22. The height of a cone is 30cm. A small cone is cut off at the top by a plane parallel to the base. If its volume
of the volume of the given cone, at what height above the base is the section made?
(20 cm - Board 2005)(EXEMPLAR)
23. A cone is divided into two parts by drawing a plane through the midpoint of its axis, parallel to its base.
Compare the volumes of the two parts. (
- Board 2003) )(EXEMPLAR
Please click the link below to download CBSE Class 10 Surface Area and Volume (4)
More Study Material
CBSE Class 10 Mathematics Chapter 13 Surface Area and Volume Worksheet
We hope students liked the above worksheet for Chapter 13 Surface Area and Volume designed as per the latest syllabus for Class 10 Mathematics released by CBSE. Students of Class 10 should download in Pdf format and practice the questions and solutions given in the above worksheet for Class 10 Mathematics on a daily basis. All the latest worksheets with answers have been developed for Mathematics by referring to the most important and regularly asked topics that the students should learn and practice to get better scores in their class tests and examinations. Studiestoday is the best portal for Class 10 students to get all the latest study material free of cost.
Worksheet for Mathematics CBSE Class 10 Chapter 13 Surface Area and Volume
Expert teachers of studiestoday have referred to the NCERT book for Class 10 Mathematics to develop the Mathematics Class 10 worksheet. If you download the practice worksheet for one chapter daily, you will get higher and better marks in Class 10 exams this year as you will have stronger concepts. Daily questions practice of Mathematics worksheet and its study material will help students to have a stronger understanding of all concepts and also make them experts on all scoring topics. You can easily download and save all revision worksheet for Class 10 Mathematics also from www.studiestoday.com without paying anything in Pdf format. After solving the questions given in the worksheet which have been developed as per the latest course books also refer to the NCERT solutions for Class 10 Mathematics designed by our teachers
Chapter 13 Surface Area and Volume worksheet Mathematics CBSE Class 10
All worksheets given above for Class 10 Mathematics have been made as per the latest syllabus and books issued for the current academic year. The students of Class 10 can be rest assured that the answers have been also provided by our teachers for all worksheet of Mathematics so that you are able to solve the questions and then compare your answers with the solutions provided by us. We have also provided a lot of MCQ questions for Class 10 Mathematics in the worksheet so that you can solve questions relating to all topics given in each chapter. All study material for Class 10 Mathematics students have been given on studiestoday.
Chapter 13 Surface Area and Volume CBSE Class 10 Mathematics Worksheet
Regular worksheet practice helps to gain more practice in solving questions to obtain a more comprehensive understanding of Chapter 13 Surface Area and Volume concepts. Worksheets play an important role in developing an understanding of Chapter 13 Surface Area and Volume in CBSE Class 10. Students can download and save or print all the worksheets, printable assignments, and practice sheets of the above chapter in Class 10 Mathematics in Pdf format from studiestoday. You can print or read them online on your computer or mobile or any other device. After solving these you should also refer to Class 10 Mathematics MCQ Test for the same chapter.
Worksheet for CBSE Mathematics Class 10 Chapter 13 Surface Area and Volume
CBSE Class 10 Mathematics best textbooks have been used for writing the problems given in the above worksheet. If you have tests coming up then you should revise all concepts relating to Chapter 13 Surface Area and Volume and then take out a print of the above worksheet and attempt all problems. We have also provided a lot of other Worksheets for Class 10 Mathematics which you can use to further make yourself better in Mathematics
You can download the CBSE Printable worksheets for Class 10 Mathematics Chapter 13 Surface Area and Volume for latest session from StudiesToday.com
Yes, you can click on the links above and download Printable worksheets in PDFs for Chapter 13 Surface Area and Volume Class 10 for Mathematics
Yes, the Printable worksheets issued for Class 10 Mathematics Chapter 13 Surface Area and Volume have been made available here for latest academic session
You can easily access the links above and download the Class 10 Printable worksheets Mathematics Chapter 13 Surface Area and Volume for each chapter
There is no charge for the Printable worksheets for Class 10 CBSE Mathematics Chapter 13 Surface Area and Volume you can download everything free
Regular revision of practice worksheets given on studiestoday for Class 10 subject Mathematics Chapter 13 Surface Area and Volume can help you to score better marks in exams
Yes, studiestoday.com provides all latest NCERT Chapter 13 Surface Area and Volume Class 10 Mathematics test sheets with answers based on the latest books for the current academic session
Yes, studiestoday provides worksheets in Pdf for Chapter 13 Surface Area and Volume Class 10 Mathematics in mobile-friendly format and can be accessed on smartphones and tablets.
Yes, worksheets for Chapter 13 Surface Area and Volume Class 10 Mathematics are available in multiple languages, including English, Hindi