CBSE Class 7 Geography Worksheets (12) - Water. Revision worksheets, Sample papers, Question banks and easy to learn study notes for all classes and subjects based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. Students and parents can download free a collection of all study material issued by various best schools in India. The study material has been carefully compiled by the best teachers in India. The students should practice the questions database to get better marks in examination. Please refer to other links for free download of high quality study material. Based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. Based on the same pattern as released by CBSE every year. Study material for final/ term/ SA1/ SA2 Examinations conducted by various schools affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in India and abroad. CBSE Study material has been compiled to help students preparation which will helps the students to concentrate more in areas which carry more marks.
INTERNATIONAL INDIAN SCHOOL, JEDDAH – 2010-11
CLASS VII Chapter 5 (WATER)
I. Choose the correct answer.
1. ________ is celebrated as world water-day.
(a) March 22 (b) June 5 (c) April 22
2. Tsunami is a ________ word that means “Harbour Waves”
(a) German (b) French (c) Japanese
3. The Tsunami of 2004 caused wide spread damage in the coastal areas of ________.
(a) Brazil (b) India (c) Britain
4. Dead sea in ________ has salinity of 45 parts per thousand. Swimmers can float in it because the increased salt content makes it dense.
(a) India (b) Indonesia (c) Israel
II. Fill in the blanks
1. _________________ is an artificial enclosure for keeping small house plants.
2. ______________ causes evaporation of water vapour.
3. The major sources of fresh water are the rivers, ____________ springs and __________.
4. The water of the earth closer to the moon gets pulled under the influence of the moon’s ________________ and causes high tide.
5. When the sun, the moon and the earth are in the same line and the tides are highest. They are called as __________________ tide.
6. High tides help in navigation and _____________________.
7. The rise and fall of water due to tides Is being used to generate _______________.
8. The areas where a warm and cold current meet experience ______________ weather making it difficult for navigation.
III. True or false
1. The movements that occur in oceans can be broadly categorized as waves, tides and currents.
2. During the full moon and new moon days, the sun, the moon and the earth are in the same line and caused low tides.
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 7 Geography Worksheets (12) - Water
Click for more Social Science Study Material ›