CBSE Class 5 Science - Revision (4) Worksheets have become an integral part of the education system. Worksheets are very critical for every student to practice his/ her concepts. Students, teachers and parents can download all CBSE educational material and extremely well prepared worksheets from this website. All revision worksheets, Sample papers, Question banks and easy to learn study notes for all classes and subjects have been prepared based on the latest guidelines sent by CBSE. All CBSE educational material is developed by our panel of teachers, have also been submitted by thousands of teachers and students. The study material has been carefully compiled by the best teachers in India. Worksheets have been submitted by teachers of various CBSE schools and also have been carefully developed keeping into consideration the latest CBSE syllabus.
SCIENCE – WORKSHEET – CLASS V
LESSON – 3- THE MOON
I. FILL IN THE BLANKS
1. The eclipse of the sun is called ______________ eclipse.
2. __________________ was the first Indian to go into the space.
3. The changes in the shapes of the moon are called ___________ of the moon.
4. The first man made satellite was _____________________.
5. The place beyond the blanket of atmosphere is called ____________________.
6. _____________________ holds the record of the longest space flight for female space traveler.
7. Tides are caused by the __________________ pull of the moon.
8. The __________________ satellites are helpful in giving us the live coverage of events.
9. The big hollows on the surface of the moon are called __________________.
10. The _________________ moves around the earth .
11. _________________ are spacecrafts sent to orbit a planet .
12. Due to the absence of ________________ no sound can be heard on the moon .
II. Name the following
1. Earth’s natural satellite
2. The first Indian satellite
3. Rising and falling movements of ocean water.
4. The eclipse that occurs only on a full moon night.
5. The first man to step on the moon
6. The objects that cause craters on the moon
7. The eclipse that occurs on the New Moon day
III. WRITE TRUE or FALSE
1. Earth’s closest neighbour in space is the moon. ______________
2. The sun moves round the earth. _____________
3. The earth and the moon are opaque objects. _____________
4. The moon has no light of its own. _______________
5. The distance of the moon from the earth is 383000 km. ________
6. Nearly three fourths of the earth’s surface is covered by oceans. _________
7. The moon’s gravity is one – sixth of the gravity of the earth. ________
Ln. 6. NERVOUS SYSTEM AND SENSE ORGANS
I. FILL IN THE BLANKS
1. _______________ gives shape and support to our body.
2. The ______________ protects the brain.
3. The part of the eye on which an image is formed is the _____________________.
4. The nerve at the back of the retina is ________________.
5. The __________________ is the thinking part of the brain.
6. The nerves are made up of __________________.
7. ____________________ nerves carry impulses to the brain.
8. The little brain is the __________________.
9. The heart and lungs are protected by the ____________________.
10. Reflex actions are due to the messages sent by the _________________.
11. Nerves which carry messages from the brain are ___________.
12. Eyeballs are protected by __________________.
NAME THE FOLLOWING
1. The system that controls all other systems of our body.
2. The other name of the brain stem.
3.The largest part of the brain.
4. The actions controlled by the spinal cord
5. The control centre of the body.
6. The three kinds of nerves.
7. The part of the brain that helps to control the movements during
reflex action. ___________________________
8. The nerve cells which bind together to form a nerve.
9. The organ that controls our heartbeat and breathing.
10. The part of the brain that helps to control the movements during reflex action.
Please click the below link to access CBSE Class 5 Science - Revision (4)
Click for more Science Study Material ›