CBSE Class 5 Science - The Moon (1) Worksheets have become an integral part of the education system. Worksheets are very critical for every student to practice his/ her concepts. Students, teachers and parents can download all CBSE educational material and extremely well prepared worksheets from this website. All revision worksheets, Sample papers, Question banks and easy to learn study notes for all classes and subjects have been prepared based on the latest guidelines sent by CBSE. All CBSE educational material is developed by our panel of teachers, have also been submitted by thousands of teachers and students. The study material has been carefully compiled by the best teachers in India. Worksheets have been submitted by teachers of various CBSE schools and also have been carefully developed keeping into consideration the latest CBSE syllabus.
Page 3 of 6
LN. 3 : THE MOON (FA 2 + SA 1)
I. Fill in the blanks :
1. _________________ holds the record of the longest space flight for female space travellers.
2. ________________ is the earth’s only natural satellite.
3. ________________ was the first Indian to go into space.
4. Sometimes two full moons occur in a month. The second full moon is termed as a ________________.
5. The changes in shape of the moon from crescent half moon gibbous moon full moon is known as _______________ phase of the moon.
6. The reverse cycle from Full moon gibbous moon half moon crescent moon New moon is known as _______________ _______________ phase of the moon.
7. India launched spacecraft _______________ on Oct 22, 2008 from Sriharikota.
8. Neil Armstrong and Edwin Aldrin were carried to the moon by _______________ spacecraft.
9. The moon’s gravity is _______________ of the gravity of the earth.
II. Name the following :
1. The place beyond the blanket of atmosphere ______________________
2. Rising and falling movements of ocean water ______________________
3. The path followed by the planets traveling around the sun ______________________
4. The spacecrafts sent to orbit a planet to collect information and send it back to the earth ______________________
5. The changes in the shape of the moon ______________________
6. Two phases on the moon ________________ _________________
7. When the moon is partly hidden by the dark shadow of the earth ______________________
Please click the below link to access CBSE Class 5 Science - The Moon (1)
Click for more Science Study Material ›