CBSE Class 6 English Practice Worksheets (28). Revision worksheets, Sample papers, Question banks and easy to learn study notes for all classes and subjects based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. Students and parents can download free a collection of all study material issued by various best schools in India. The study material has been carefully compiled by the best teachers in India. The students should practice the questions database to get better marks in examination. Please refer to other links for free download of high quality study material. Based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. Based on the same pattern as released by CBSE every year. Study material for final/ term/ SA1/ SA2 Examinations conducted by various schools affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in India and abroad. CBSE Study material has been compiled to help students preparation which will helps the students to concentrate more in areas which carry more marks.
Q1 Read the following passage carefully.
1. Hunting for sport is also a major factor for the loss of animal biodiversity. From time immemorial man has hunted animals for food, sport as well as hides, skins, tusks, antlers and other parts of animals. The government of India has enacted various laws banning the trade of animal products like ivory, fur, skin, etc. The people who break these laws must be severely dealt with.
2. Pollution is another serious cause of environmental degradation leading to the loss of animal and plant biodiversity. If such degradation continues unchecked,2/3rd of the earth will soon become unfit for human animal habitation. The air we breathe is polluted with toxic gases, the water we drink is contaminated and the food we eat is not so pure as it should be. The noise pollution is also causing havoc among the wild species of birds and animals. According to a study, the arctic whales are on the verge of extinction as a result of increase in the noise of ships particularly ice-breakers and oil tankers.
3. Deforestation is yet another cause for the loss of biodiversity. Destruction of forest cover and undergrowth is going on recklessly. Deforestation mainly results from population settlement, growing need for agricultural land, demand for fuel wood, wooden furniture and commercial purposes. Choose the most appropriate option out of the following:
1. The passage is about
(c)the loss of biodiversity
2. Environment includes
(b)everything that affects life
(c)everything around us
3. Many birds and animals are affected greatly by
(a)deforestation and pollution
(c)cut in green cover
4. The author wants us to
(d) control population
5. The word 'toxic' in para 2 means
Q2. Change the following sentences into indirect speech:
1.Raj said, "I am very busy now."
2.He said,"I am unable to come just now because i am ill,but i will ceratinly start soon."
3.She said," Honesty is the best policy."
4.The servant says,"The master is not at home."
Q3.Fill in the blanks with the appropriate prepositions:
1.Meena jumped ____the swimming pool.
2.You,boys,must settle it _______ yourselves.
3.Do not cry _____split milk.
4.I stayed ____Delhi ____a week.
Q4.Join the following pairs of sentences using conjunctions:
1.I read the paper.It interests me.
2.I was annoyed.I kept quiet.
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 6 English Practice Worksheets (28)