CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Sure Shot Questions (1). CBSE issues sample papers every year for students for class 12 board exams. Students should solve the CBSE issued sample papers to understand the pattern of the question paper which will come in class 12 board exams this year. The sample papers have been provided with marking scheme. It’s always recommended to practice as many CBSE sample papers as possible before the board examinations. Sample papers should be always practiced in examination condition at home or school and the student should show the answers to teachers for checking or compare with the answers provided. Students can download the sample papers in pdf format free and score better marks in examinations. Refer to other links too for latest sample papers.
CHEMISTRY CLASS XII SURE SHOT(LONG ANSWER QUESTONS)
1. Give reasons for the following:
(i) p-nitro phenol is more acidic than p-methyl phenol.
(ii) Bond length of C – O bond in phenol is shorter than that in methanol.
(iii) (CH3)3C – Br on reaction with sodium methoxide (Na+ OCH3) gives alkene as the main product and not ether.
(iv) Alcohols are more soluble in water than corresponding hydrocarbons.
(v) Why are ethers insoluble in water?
2. (i) Which one of the following is a disaccharide :
Starch, maltose, fructose, glucose
(ii) What is the difference between acidic amino acid and basic amino acid?
(iii) Write the name of the linkage joining two nucleotides.
(iv) What do you mean by denaturation of protein?
(v) Explain why vitamin c cannot be stored in body?
3. (i)Calculate emf of the following cell at 25 C :
Zn | Zn2+(1 M) || Cu 2+ / Cu
E(Zn2+ |Zn) = –0.76 V E(Cu2+| Cu) = 0.34 V
(ii) What do you mean by a fuel cell? State any two advantages Fuel cell over ordinary cell.
4. Write the equations involved in the following reactions:
(i) Cannizaro reaction
(ii) Wolff-Kishner reduction
(iii) Clemmensen reduction
(iv) Aldol Condensation
(v) Etard reaction
5.Write the equations involved in the following reactions:
(i) Hoffmann bromamide reaction
(ii) Carbylamine reaction
(iii) Gabriel phthalimide synthesis
(iv) Coupling reaction of diazonium salt
(v) Sandmeyers Reaction.
6. Seeing the growing cases of diabetes and depression among children, Mr. Chopra, the principal of one reputed school organized a seminar in which he invited parents and principals. They all resolved this issue by strictly banning the junk food in schools and by introducing healthy snacks and drinks like soup, lassi, milk etc. in school canteens. They also decided to make compulsory half an hour physical activities for the students in the morning assembly daily. After six months, Mr. Chopra conducted the health survey in most of the schools and discovered a tremendous improvement in the health of students.
After reading the above passage, answer the following questions:
(i) What are the values (at least two) displayed by Mr. Chopra?
(ii) As a student, how can you spread awareness about this issue?
(iii) Why should antidepressant drugs not be taken without consulting a doctor?
Please click the link below to download full pdf file for CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Sure Shot Questions (1).
Click for more Chemistry Study Material ›