CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Electrochemistry (2). CBSE issues sample papers every year for students for class 12 board exams. Students should solve the CBSE issued sample papers to understand the pattern of the question paper which will come in class 12 board exams this year. The sample papers have been provided with marking scheme. It’s always recommended to practice as many CBSE sample papers as possible before the board examinations. Sample papers should be always practiced in examination condition at home or school and the student should show the answers to teachers for checking or compare with the answers provided. Students can download the sample papers in pdf format free and score better marks in examinations. Refer to other links too for latest sample papers.
1. Can you store CuSO4 solution in Zn pot ?
2. Write the name of electrolyte used in mercury cell.
3. What does the negative value of E0cell indicate?
4. What fiows in the internal circuit of the Galvanic cell?
5. What is the EMF of the cell when the cell reaction attains equilibrium ?
6. Why does an aqueous solution of NaCl in electrolysis give H2 gas at cathode not sodium metal?
7. Which type of metal can be used in cathodicprotection of iron against rusting?
8. Why does the conductivity of solution decreases on dilution ?
9.Except hydrogen, write the name of two chemical species which are used in fuel cell.
10.How many coulombs are required for conversion of 1 molFeO into Fe2O3?
11.State the factors which influences the value of cell potential.
12.What is the relationship between the free energy change and EMF of the cell?
13. What are the products of electrolysis of molten NaCl and aqueous solution of NaCl?
14.What is the role of ZnCl2 in dry cell?
15.Rusting of iron is quicker in saline than ordinary water.why?
16.Write one use of Kohlrausch’s law.
17.What is cell constant ?
18.What is the relationship between Molar conductivity of electrolytic solution to its degree of dissociation ?
19.Which type of cell is used in wrist watch?
20.Which acid doesnot react with rust?
Ans.1. No, Zn is more reactive thanCu .
2. ZnO and KOH
3. Negative value shows reaction is non- spontaneous
5. E0cell = 0
6. Electrode potential of hydrogen is greater than Na.
7. More reactive metals than Fe. Such as Zn,Mg.
8. Due to less no. of ions oer unit volume.
9. Methane and methanol.
10. 1 faraday
11. Concentration of electrolyte and no. of electron exchanged
12. ΔG0 = -nFE0
13. Na , Cl2 and H2,Cl2
14. Zn2+ ions combines with NH3 to form complex [Zn(NH3)2]2+
15. Due to presence of salt in saline water.
16. To find the limiting molar conductivity of weak electrolyte
17. The ratio of l/a
18. α =Λc m/Λ0m
19. Mercury cell or Button cell
20. Organic acid.
Please click the link below to download full pdf file for CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Electrochemistry (2).
Click for more Chemistry Study Material ›