Food Production And Management Class 9 Biology Worksheet Pdf
Class 9 Biology students should refer to the following printable worksheet in Pdf for Food Production And Management in standard 9. This test paper with questions and answers for Grade 9 Biology will be very useful for exams and help you to score good marks
Class 9 Biology Worksheet for Food Production And Management
CBSE Class 9 Biology Worksheet - Food production and management
Worksheets have become an integral part of the education system. Worksheets are very critical for every student to practice his/ her concepts. Students, teachers and parents can download all CBSE educational material and extremely well prepared worksheets from this website. All revision worksheets, Sample papers, Question banks and easy to learn study notes for all classes and subjects have been prepared based on the latest guidelines sent by CBSE. All CBSE educational material is developed by our panel of teachers, have also been submitted by thousands of teachers and students. The study material has been carefully compiled by the best teachers in India. Worksheets have been submitted by teachers of various CBSE schools and also have been carefully developed keeping into consideration the latest CBSE syllabus.
Food production and management
1. Define crop rotation. While chosing plants for crop rotation, what factors should be kept in mind? 3
2. List any three managing practices while designing a shelter for cattle. 3
3. a) State the two types of food requirements of dairy animals. 5
b) List the various constituents of food of dairy animals.
c) Why do cattle need a balanced diet?
4. a) How many nutrients are essential for plants? 5
b) What are macro nutrients and micro nutrients?
c) List the nutrients supplied by air, water and soil.
5. a) State two differences between egg layers and broilers. 5
b) How can poultry fowl be prevented from various diseases? State any three methods.
6. a) Farmer ‘X’ planted soybean + maize + cowpeas in the same field simultaneously in set row pattern.
Farmer ‘Y’ planted cereal crop in one season and leguminous crop in next season on the same piece of land
in preplanned succession. Name the cropping pattern used by farmer ‘X ‘and ‘Y ‘.
b) State two advantages of cropping pattern followed by farmers ‘X’ and ‘Y’ respectively. 5
7. What are manures? State two kinds of manures .How does manure affect the soil fertility? 3
8. a) A farmer wants to harvest more than two varieties of crop at a time from his field. Suggest him one
method to get the desired result. Also state three advantages of this cropping pattern. 3
b) Name two fodder crops.
9. State two advantages of composite fish culture. What is the application of hormonal stimulation in fish
10. i) How do the following factors improve the crop yield? 5
a) shorten maturity duration
b) biotic and abiotic resistance
c) wider adaptability
ii) Stae any two methods of improving crop variety.
11. Unpredictable monsoons/droughts/low rainfall is adversely affecting the Indian agriculture.
a) Mention any two initiatives that have been adopted to increase the availability of water for
b) State two advantages of making check dams.
c) Briefly describe canal and river lift systems of irrigation. 5
12. a) Name one indigenous and one exotic breed of domestic fowl. 3
b) What are the two main products obtained from raising domestic fowl?
c) Name two vitamins that should be included in high amount in poultry feed.
13. a) State two characteristics of ideal cattle shed. 3
b) Cattles are mainly reared for milk or performing agricultural tasks. What are these two categories of
cattles known as?
c) Name two indigenous breeds of cattle.
14. a) What are the common names of Apis dorsata, Apis florae and Apis cerena indica? 5
b) Name one Italian bee variety.Also justify the use of Italian bee for honey production giving two reasons.
c) State one factor which affects the quality of honey produced.
15. Mention three different ways in which crop plants can be infested by insect pests. Also suggest one control
measure and one preventive measures against pests. 2
16. a) Besides causing illhealth and death , how do diseases affect dairy animals? 3
b) In a cattle farm there are fifteen cattles. How can differentiate between diseased and healthy cattles
without conducting diagnostic tests?
c) Cattle feed should include right amount of concentrates. What do concentrates in cattle feed refer to?
17. a) What do the terms macro nutrients and micronutrients signify? 5
b) Briefly describe the formation of vermicompost and green manure.
c) List two advantages of using manure for nutrient management.
Please click the below link to access CBSE Class 9 Biology Worksheet - Food production and management
|CBSE Class 9 Physics Work And Energy Worksheet Set A|
|CBSE Class 9 Physics Work And Energy Worksheet Set B|
|CBSE Class 9 Science Work And Energy Worksheet Set A|
|CBSE Class 9 Science Work And Energy Worksheet Set B|
|CBSE Class 9 Physics Sound Worksheet Set A|
|CBSE Class 9 Physics Sound Worksheet Set B|
|CBSE Class 9 Science Sound Worksheet|
|CBSE Class 9 Biology Natural Resources Worksheet Set A|
|CBSE Class 9 Biology Natural Resources Worksheet Set B|
|CBSE Class 9 Chemistry Structure Of Atom Worksheet Set A|
|CBSE Class 9 Chemistry Structure Of Atom Worksheet Set B|
|CBSE Class 9 Chemistry Structure Of Atom Worksheet Set C|
|CBSE Class 9 Science Structure Of Atom Worksheet|
|CBSE Class 9 Biology Tissues Worksheet Set A|
|CBSE Class 9 Biology Tissues Worksheet Set B|
|CBSE Class 9 Biology Tissues Worksheet Set C|
|CBSE Class 9 Science Tissues Animals Worksheet|
|CBSE Class 9 Science Tissues Plants Worksheet|
|CBSE Class 9 Science Diversity In Living Organisms Animals Worksheet|
|CBSE Class 9 Science Diversity In Living Organisms Plants Worksheet|
|CBSE Class 9 Science Diversity In Living Organisms Worksheet|
|CBSE Class 9 Physics Motion Worksheet Set A|
|CBSE Class 9 Physics Motion Worksheet Set B|
|CBSE Class 9 Physics Motion Worksheet Set C|
|CBSE Class 9 Science Motion Worksheet Set A|
|CBSE Class 9 Science Motion Worksheet Set B|
|CBSE Class 9 Chemistry Experiments Worksheet|
|CBSE Class 9 Chemistry MCQs On Practical Skills Worksheet|
|CBSE Class 9 Chemistry Practicals Worksheet|